by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

February 13, 2011

I’m sure that many of you are aware of the free application called Instagram. I’ve been having fun with it lately in order to document and share things that I see throughout my day.

I figured out how to automatically send the photos to Twitter and to Facebook but does anyone know how to automate Instagram so that I can post them to my blog? I was able to find my Instagram RSS feed through posting to Twitter.

For those of you asking – Julieanne, why do you want to do this?  The answer is simple, I would really like to continue to post from one and only one source (my blog) and from there make use of the many automation applications available in order  to send my posts to my 1) personal Facebook page, 2) Facebook “Like” page and 3) Twitter account. Otherwise, it  gets too confusing for me (I’m very simple minded) and different friends end up seeing different information (or duplicate information) depending on where they look.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to provide!

COMMENTS

• By Kayla - 12:18 PM on February 14, 2011

Not sure how to answer that but be sure you strip metadata or location info before you tweet the photos – people could find out a lot more about you than you wanted them to know… http://www.digiscrap101.com/2011/02/protecting-your-privacy-with-camera-gps-geotagging-in-lightroom.html

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:58 PM on February 14, 2011

Thanks for the tip. As far as I can tell, I have things set up so that Instagram strips the GPS information from the images automatically.

• By Life with Kaishon - 5:49 PM on February 16, 2011

I can’t answer your questions. I surely love the tutu picture : )
    It has been so much fun reading about the things you taught Miz Booshay while she was at your workshop. I just wanted to come and say hi! I love your camera and I love that you are a passionate teacher. What a beautiful life!

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:15 PM on February 16, 2011

I can’t complain! I work with a team of brilliant engineers on the most fantastic products that creative individuals like yourself use – it just can’t get any better than that!
      Thank you for visiting my site, I had an exceptional time in San Francisco spending time with Miz Booshay, and it was gift to meet every single one of those intelligent, driven and passionate women!
      And I loved your post thanking your mom. Keep it up!

• By Jan Kabili - 12:03 AM on February 21, 2011

These are wonderful compositions Julieanne.

• By Herman Schutte - 1:22 AM on March 31, 2011

You can use a widget from http://snapfinch.com to show your Instagram photos on your blog.

• By Julieanne Kost - 11:20 AM on April 2, 2011

Thank you! Iw ill give it a try soon.

• By stacy - 8:33 AM on October 26, 2011