by Julieanne Kost

Comments (9)

Created

March 16, 2012

Did you know  that in Lightroom 4, you can use the Page Caption option to add text almost anywhere in your image? By default, a Page Caption is added at the bottom of a page, but you can use the Top/Bottom buttons in the Caption panel to place the caption at the top/bottom of the page and use the Offset slider to reposition it. Plus, you can use the Padding options in the Cell panel to reposition the type left or right within the Page Caption’s cell.

COMMENTS

• By Fritz Schafer - 9:15 AM on March 16, 2012

Well, I’ve used the page caption option. But I would like to separately add page numbers to the bottom of pages. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Fritz Schafer

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:39 AM on March 16, 2012

Unfortunately no (automatic) page numbers at this time…

• By Shane Baker - 4:38 PM on April 5, 2012

Thanks for that clarification, Julieanne.

It’s a pretty major feature to be missing – IMHO. I hope it, and the customised layouts addition will be available soon.

BTW – I love your videos. I’m a fan! :-)

Shane – in Canberra

• By Shannon Zirkle - 7:28 AM on March 26, 2012

I watched your video and along with the screen shot above it shows, under the ‘Cell Padding’ section a Left, Right, Top and Bottom.

Under the ‘Cell Padding’ section on my version of Ligthroom 4 only shows ‘Amount’ and I do not see the options for Left, Right, Top and Bottom. The ‘Amount’ adjusts the padding universally around all four size. This makes it difficult for customization.

Is there away to change this? I am using the current operating system of Mac and have a powerbook 2008.

• By Julieanne Kost - 6:29 PM on March 27, 2012

There should be a “Link All” option a the bottom of the Cell panel. If you click in the empty well to the left of the Link All option (boxes filled with white are linked, dark grey is unlinked) and then you should be able to move each of the sliders (Left, Right, Top and Bottom) independently on one another.

I haven’t ever seen an amount slider so I’m puzzled about that. If this doesn’t help, can you post your question on the forum? Thanks, -j

• By Shannon Zirkle - 7:26 PM on April 30, 2012

I’m sorry for the confusion on the amount. I was referring to the amount of padding. I should have worded that differently.

Thank you so much for your help. I absolutely love your videos. They are extremely helpful for me in learning Lightroom. I refer your videos to everyone I know who is learning the program.

• By Jackie - 11:47 AM on October 11, 2012

Hi Julieanne,

Does LR Book module have the book preview option? I have created a book and I want to see what it will look like when published. Blurb has this feature and I was wondering if LR Book has this feature.

Also, I noticed there was no pagination feature either, do you know when this feature will be added? I use Blurb all the time to create Table of Contents (TOC) with page numbers. The auto page numbering is a very important feature.

Thanks and I don’t know what I would do without your video tutorials. I have recommended them to all my photography friends and they are immensely grateful for your clear and informative videos.

Jackie

• By hoi an travel - 8:56 PM on April 26, 2013

Wow…Thank you so much. There was a black arrow under the cell panel which expands to give the ‘link all’ option which I wasn’t seeing before.