by Julieanne Kost

Comments (9)

Created

December 11, 2012

In this Episode of the Complete Picture (Julieanne’s Top 5 Features for Photographers in Photoshop 13.1 Exclusively for Creative Cloud Members), Julieanne will demonstrate her top 5 favorite features in Photoshop 13.1 including refinements to the Crop Tool, nondestructive editing with Blur Gallery and Liquify, increased efficiency with Conditional Actions,  practical default Type Styles and support for Retina displays on Macintosh.

COMMENTS

• By Mario Bourque - 12:35 PM on December 11, 2012

Are we, the non-creative cloud users going to get access to those tools eventually or is Adobe creating a two-tier system that will force everyone to the subscription-based model?

• By klaus - 1:01 AM on December 12, 2012

same as previous post :(

• By Michael Bowyer - 2:47 AM on December 12, 2012

Could it be that Adobe will eventually stop selling the actual product and make everyone use the cloud based programs? I am in the same position as the two other comments as I cannot afford the monthly subscription and only use photoshop and lightroom.

• By J - 1:13 PM on December 12, 2012

NO! to tresting me as a second class Adobe citizen.
    Features for ALL!

• By Mario Bourque - 3:23 PM on December 12, 2012

Hey Michael!

I suspect that’s where they are going. A lot of us can’t get on to the subscription for expense purposes. It’s not really the cloud either, just a subscription service. Unfortunately, we are probably in the minority and they are willing to upset some customers to make more money. It’s not like we have anywhere else to go.

• By Michael Bowyer - 1:09 AM on December 13, 2012

It was bad enough being forced to change from windows Xp as photoshop does not work with that operating system but I will not go to a subscription.

• By Anthony Edge - 7:04 PM on December 13, 2012

The latest update changes the way actions work (again). I have a number of complex image processing actions that were recently butchered by a previous Photoshop update (and rerecorded to accommodate). Now I have to go and rerecord them all again :(

Issues regarding:
    - default paste location from other documents (recently introduced offset now seemingly removed again)
    - Layer ordering behaviour has changed. not all layer get moved into appropriate groups as they were before.

Excited about some new features. Disappointed I have to now spend unscheduled hours to reproduce a what had been set up as a simple task.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:46 AM on December 17, 2012

Hi Anthony,

I sent you an email. I’d like to get a copy of the affected actions along with more details. Thanks.

• By Trevor Dennis - 10:09 PM on May 3, 2013

So far, Adobe are doing what they always said they’d do with Creative Cloud – making new features available before new product versions became available. It would be extraordinary if those features were not available in Photoshop CS7. What could conceivably happen is that a new product placed between the full version of Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements were introduced, and that the full version would only be available via the Cloud. But that seems unlikely to me.