by Julieanne Kost

Comments (13)

Created

January 18, 2013

Over the holiday break, I worked on one of my personal projects – “Passenger Seat –  Images in Motion”.  I hope to write up the process one of these days when I have time. – Maybe it should be my next book project!

04_MotionBlur

COMMENTS

• By Marsha Wilcox - 7:01 AM on January 18, 2013

Stunning work. I’m delighted you are thinking about a book project. Would love to see more!

• By Julieanne Kost - 8:31 AM on January 19, 2013

Thank you Marsha – it was great meeting you last week!

• By Daniel thomassin - 8:42 AM on January 18, 2013

Madame bonjour vos photographies sont d’un surprennent.Je pense que se seras un très belle
    ouvrages ; surtout l’effet du vent . J ‘espère un jour avoir la maîtrise de cet technique et en plus sa me donne l’inspiration;Madame un grand merci.

Dan

• By Bryn Forbes - 9:09 AM on January 18, 2013

Those four are stunners!!!

• By Jean Carlo (@dicasphotoshop) - 3:27 AM on January 19, 2013

Perfect :o)

• By Howard Pinsky - 2:01 PM on January 20, 2013

Great results, Julieanne! I’d definitely be interested in learning how they were done.

• By Hani - 5:10 AM on January 21, 2013

• By Kevin Roche - 6:46 AM on January 21, 2013

I love these photos, would really like to know how these were created.

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:11 AM on January 21, 2013

Hi Kevin, all of the motion is captured in camera as i sit in the passenger seat of a car!

• By Viktor - 8:40 AM on January 21, 2013

Julieanne, really like the results.

I’m working on a similar project myself, with panned and passenger seat photos.

Here’s a link to a panned photo:

• By Mike Milich - 6:55 PM on January 21, 2013

I call it “drive by shooting”, (but unfortunately someone has already grabbed that web name.) It’s even more challenging from the driver’s seat when necessary.
    By the way, liked the oil filter stuff too. I have found it extremely effective when combined with NIK filters. You can see some composites on my site.

• By Anne Ingalls - 2:56 PM on January 24, 2013

Really look forward to your how-to on this. I frequently take photos from the passenger seat just to see what they turn out like but haven’t worked on them much.

• By khach san tai da nang - 12:42 AM on April 3, 2013

Wow…I sometimes used this technique for differetnt purposes, that and the radial zoom can be applied to images to get certain effects.