by Julieanne Kost

Comments (11)

Created

January 12, 2013

I was playing with the Oil Painting Filter in Photoshop CS6 today and thought that I would share three of the images that I had fun making. Have a great weekend!

PaintedCactus01

PaintedCactus02

PaintedCactus04

COMMENTS

• By Trevor - 5:26 AM on January 12, 2013

Beautiful work, Julieanne. Perfect subject matter for the oil Painting filter.

• By Donna Boucher - 5:32 AM on January 12, 2013

Absolutely stunning.

• By Les Wilcockson - 5:37 AM on January 12, 2013

Wow!
    I suppose I can’t put off for much longer moving from CS4 to CS6 now I’ve seen the possibilities :)

• By Howard Pinsky - 7:25 AM on January 12, 2013

The Oil Paint Filter is one of my favorite new additions to CS6. Very beautiful results!

• By Bryn - 9:45 AM on January 12, 2013

Gorgeous! I’ve seen lots of this filter nothing as nice as these!

• By Przemys┼éaw Sakrajda - 12:32 PM on January 12, 2013

This filter is amazing – a simple way to start some digital painting project.

• By Stewart - 4:21 PM on January 12, 2013

I tried some of the painting filters here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68791890@N07/

• By Bob Rickert - 4:34 AM on January 14, 2013

I really enjoy the oil filter too. Your Hosta image with the touch of light in the middle is really nice.
    Maybe the Hosta image and the creative use of the filter and light would be a good candidate for a short tutorial on your blog.
    Thanks for sharing.

• By Su Hall - 10:01 AM on January 14, 2013

These are amazing! The first one looks so much like the hen and chicks plants.

Nice job! Makes me want to go play! LOL Thank you!

Su

• By Bohdan - 1:34 PM on January 16, 2013

Julianne, I love these works.
    And you’re one of the best teachers I’ve every had. Love your tutorials.

If there’s a place to post suggestions to Adobe folks about improving Lightroom, I’d love to know. I’ve watched your terrific tutorials but find Lightroom so cumbersome in a number of areas, where it’s publishing services (klunky) to being able to easily set up various apps instead of just one.

Thanks