by Julieanne Kost

Comments (56)

Created

September 4, 2013

Read more about this announcement on the Creative Layer blog.

“Since introducing Photoshop CC, we’ve listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we’re announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month:

• Photoshop CC
  • Lightroom 5
  • 20 GB of online storage
  • Behance ProSite
  • Access to Creative Cloud Learn’s training resources
  • Ongoing upgrades and updates

To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013. This offer will be available at the same time we introduce the new version of Lightroom 5.2 in a couple weeks.  Visit the FAQ to learn more and follow Photoshop on FacebookTwitter and Google+ to find out when the offer goes live.”

COMMENTS

• By Stephen DesRoches - 1:15 PM on September 4, 2013

Fantastic price but now I’m curious to know what will happen with the bundle on Jan 1.

The single $50 for everything is super simple and the $10 Photographers bundle is great but wouldn’t it be nice if there was an equivalent of the old design premium suite for a price point in between? ;-)

I’m currently subscribed to the full cloud for the promo $20/month but not sure what I’ll do when it jumps to $50. I use and depend on Ps and Lr daily but want Indesign and Illustrator only a few times per year.

I could switch to this $10 bundle deal and only do the month-to-month for Indesign/Illustrator but I’d rather pay $25/month and just not have access to the video collection.

• By Richard Sherman - 1:35 PM on September 4, 2013

Please make this deal available to current Lightroom owners!!!! I, like many others, would jump on that deal immediately.

Thanks,

Richard

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:38 PM on September 6, 2013

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll pass your suggestion along. it was a common suggestion at PSW.

• By Tom Upton - 1:42 PM on September 4, 2013

Thank You Adobe. There is a higher power in listening to one’s customers…and this is in line with other monthlies –constant contact, Linkedin, Lynda, and such. Way better, in fact, you made me go wikipedia and look up the spelling…

Hallelujah!

~TEU

• By Luc - 2:00 PM on September 4, 2013

Does this new price apply to those who have already signed up to the single-app CC subscription (the introductory price was at $9.99 for one-year)

Luc

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:41 PM on September 6, 2013

Customers who have already joined a Creative Cloud Single App membership for Photoshop at the $9.99/month level (or corresponding local pricing matching the pricing provided in the question above) will be automatically transitioned to this new program when it ships in a few weeks, with the additional benefits and lower ongoing price.

• By Lynn - 2:00 PM on September 4, 2013

Will you be opening up this program to owners of previous versions who had educational editions of PS?

• By Kevin Block - 2:09 PM on September 4, 2013

Great option for photographers! So can I shift the single product CC membership for Photoshop I signed up for last week to this?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:57 PM on September 6, 2013

From the FAQ:

• By Tapas Basu - 3:02 PM on September 4, 2013

I have joined it is great value.

Thanks.

• By Matthew Farris - 3:12 PM on September 4, 2013

A great Idea! Where do I sign up? I’ve been a Commercial/Corporate photographer for over 25 years. My first Adobe product through a Corporation was Photoshop 3.0.
    My current program is LR5 and I’ve been trying to get the serial number for a copy of CS6 purchased through APPLE so I may use it. No such luck.Adobe Customer No-Service sucks.
    I’m retired except for part time teaching and fine art work.
    This price and what the package offers is very workable.
    Please let me know when it becomes available.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:58 PM on September 6, 2013

It will be available in a couple of weeks. We’ll announce the exact date as soon as possible.

• By Bob - 3:14 PM on September 4, 2013

What if you have already signed up for a 1 year CC subscription for 9.99 per month ? Will it be converted this or will I need to call??

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:58 PM on September 6, 2013

Yes. It will it automatically transitioned to this new program when it ships in a few weeks, with the additional benefits and lower ongoing price.

• By Shelley Vandervelde - 3:42 PM on September 4, 2013

Can we have more than one computer per account as I use my laptop to project and while off site….

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 4:58 PM on September 6, 2013

Yes, you can use it on up to two of your computers at the same time.

• By Benjamin - 4:26 PM on September 4, 2013

What happens with people that were already on CC?
    I joined CC when it came out on an introductory offer and recently downgraded when the price got bumped after the into. Does this mean I am now going to be stuck at $29 a month when their is a $9.99 offer?

clarification on this would be appreciated.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 5:00 PM on September 6, 2013

Do you own Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS6? If so, you can call customer support after we officially release this program and transition to the new program.

• By Joe - 6:24 PM on September 4, 2013

I’m a little confused by the pricing. If $9.99 isn’t an introductory price, why is it only available until December 31, 2013? What’s the price on January 1, 2014?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 5:03 PM on September 6, 2013

To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013. The plan won’t be available to customers after the 31st.

• By Nathan Chilton - 7:37 PM on September 4, 2013

That’s a great deal for a lot of people out there. Unfortunately, I’m not eligible. I’ve purchased Lightroom and Elements (and upgraded both of them twice), but I’ve never purchased Photoshop (because it isn’t worth 10x the cost of Elements to me). I get 90% of my work done in Lightroom and only need to drop into Elements on rare occasion. The cost of Photoshop just isn’t worth the exorbitant cost for a self-employed portrait photographer like me.

I would gladly pay the $10/month (even though I already have LR5). If Adobe would extend the offer to LR+Elements users like myself, they’d get my $10/month, too. But as it is, I’ll just make do with my current setup.

• By David Johnson - 1:14 AM on September 5, 2013

Hi Julieanne, great offer, but what happens to those of us that are already signed up on Photoshop CC and have already bought LR5 ????

• By Drazick - 1:18 AM on September 5, 2013

Is it available to customers outside USA?
    Will you accept International Credit Cards?

Thanks.

• By Dennis Zito - 4:56 AM on September 5, 2013

Hi Julieanne! This is great news! However, I purchased the Single Offer PS-CC $9.99 offer back in June 2013 and Upgraded to LR 5 in June 2013 also. Will my account to changed to reflect these new changes for Photographers?

Thanks,

Dennis

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 5:40 PM on September 6, 2013

• By Dennis Zito - 9:15 AM on September 7, 2013

Thanks Jeffery! Thanks great news!

• By Dean - 8:13 PM on September 5, 2013

I have CS2 and bought/updated LR over multiple versions up to current, but I guess I don’t qualify. This is not a straightforward “Photoshop Photography Program” as trumpeted. It is something less that is not disclosed until you dig down and that leaves many paying Adobe customers out in the cold.

• By Jose - 10:20 PM on September 5, 2013

Not mentioned in this article but in the FAQ’s is that…”Suites and volume licenses do not qualify.” So you pay more upfront with a suite over an individual product but you do not qualify for this promotion. I was never a fan of Adobe going over to the subscription model that they have and so far had opted to stay away from it. This was a decent promo that really piqued my interest because I own the Production Premium CS6 Suite which includes PS CS6. So to pay a fair price point and get 2 products (PS CC & LR5, none of that other small stuff) I was eager to wait til 9/17 to jump on this deal. But I am back like others looking at Autodesk, Corel, and Apple’s Aperture programs.

• By Ignite Images - 12:56 AM on September 6, 2013

Also not eligible.

If they opened this to everyone I think their sales would rocket to a market far beyond pro photographers.

• By Earl Robicheaux - 5:21 AM on September 6, 2013

The cost of Stubbornness: This move produces more questions than it solves. First of all, Adobe did not listen to us. We asked for a road to ownership, not a cheaper hook. 2nd, what does this plan do to the Lightroom. Is it now totally part of CC? Do we receive a credit for our purchase of LR? What is the future of LR and CC? 3rd, Adobe is vague on the future subscription rate. Will it “always” be $9.99 a month, probably not. But again unclear. This offer appears to be just another diversion. Of course there will be lots of participants, but do we trust Management, NO.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 5:47 PM on September 6, 2013

Lightroom will remain available as a perpetual license product. If you purchased Lightroom from Adobe.com within the past 30 days you can get a refund: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html#Return%20your%20order%20%C2%A0

Any Adobe product purchased from any seller other than Adobe, may only be returned to the seller from which the product was purchased, in accordance with that seller’s return policy, if any.

To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is *the price* for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013.

We can’t legally say it won’t *ever* go up for simple economic factors such as inflation, but it’s not a promotional price that will go up after 12 months.

• By Harry - 10:14 PM on September 6, 2013

Hi Julianne – I read all the FAQs and the posts here but didn’t see an answer the the following question: I have a full CC membership that came from an upgrade from Photoshop CS6. But I only use Lightroom and Photoshop (I did download acrobat and bridge but never use it). Can I downgrade?
    Thanks

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:30 AM on September 11, 2013

Hi Harry,

Yes. You can call support in a couple weeks when this PS + LR offer becomes available and transition from CC complete to this new offer.

• By Sonya - 10:38 AM on September 8, 2013

Since I normally upgrade either LR or PS every other year this is a good break even deal. How long will Adobe honor this price? Will we be ‘grandfathered in’ or just increased slightly when Adobe raises all pricing?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:29 AM on September 11, 2013

$9.99 *is* the ongoing price. That’s not to say that the price won’t ever be impacted by things like inflation.

• By Gustavo Cavalcanti - 2:57 PM on September 8, 2013

Why isn’t there a plan like this but for people who haven’t purchased one of the CS*? I’m a newbie photographer and just need a plan like this new one to sign in immediately.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:27 AM on September 11, 2013

Hi Gustavo,

We’re definitely getting a lot of interest from new customers as well as Lightroom and Elements customers. That’s exciting, so I’m hopeful we can offer a similar offer to more customers besides just Photoshop customers in the future.

• By Natraj - 12:13 PM on September 9, 2013

Hi Julianne/Jeff:
    Great news for photographers like me. I signed up for PS-CC single user $10 rate on May 18th and purchased LR5 on June 25 2013. So you can see that I missed out on getting a refund for LR5 by 2 weeks. When I get the LR5 CC version in 2 weeks can I use my previously purchased LR5 on a 3rd machine?
    Natraj

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:25 AM on September 11, 2013

Hi Natraj,

I sent you an email. If you want to keep your LR5 you purchased to run on additional systems, that would definitely work.

• By Natraj - 12:15 PM on September 9, 2013

Sorry previous post should have read “missed out…by 6 weeks”

• By Barry Reid - 5:40 AM on September 11, 2013

I’m currently stuck with a CS3 premium student edition, bought almost entirely for PS which didn’t qualify for any previous offers.

If Adobe really want to enhance the uptake of these offers they should allow student version upgrades, as many recent graduates really can’t justify the full CC prices. In this instance, however, if I qualified for this bundle I’d subscribe in a heartbeat, and possibly even pay a little more!

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:32 AM on September 11, 2013

Hi Barry,

There has been lots of interest from folks with EDU licenses. While education customers don’t qualify for this offer, I’m hopeful we’ll have a similar offer in the future for additional customers. We’ll see. I’ve definitely let the business team know of the interest I’m seeing.

• By Esther F - 12:31 AM on September 12, 2013

To follow up with the most recent post regarding student version upgrades, I have a few thoughts/questions that have come to mind.

First of all, I don’t understand how the Creative Cloud is such a good value. As a student, I have been able to get incredibly reasonable deals through Adobe for the Creative Suite, Lightroom, etc. So far, I am disappointed to say that I have not seen any CC deal for students that is near comparable to the savings value offered with the individual program discs.

I know the CC offerings are good for many people, but myself along with other students and professionals that I know are feeling let down. Is there an alternative for students?

• By Jerry - 10:28 AM on September 13, 2013

I just purchased the single apt Photoshop CC on the annual $20/month plan less than a month ago. Will I be able to opt into the Photoshop photography program with Lightroom 5?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:39 AM on September 17, 2013

Hi Jerry, Unfortunately, not. The Photoshop photography program is a loyalty offer for customers have purchased full versions of Photoshop CS products (CS3-CS6) in the past.

• By Chuck - 5:29 AM on September 14, 2013

Those of us at NAPP2013 were given a link to run Photoshop CC free for one year. Now Adobe offers it for $9.99/mo. but you must sign up by 12/31/2013 to get this price. So what is one to do? Start paying in January or wait for the 12 months to expire and “hope” the $9.99 offer is grandfathered in to us?

I’m confused.

Chuck

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:36 AM on September 17, 2013

Hi Chuck, your account has a special flag on it as a PSW attendee. You do not need to make your decision until your 12-free months are up. You will be sent an email in a year when your free account runs out asking if you want to keep on with Creative Cloud complete or switch to the PS + LR offer at the $9.99 price offer.

• By michael M - 10:04 AM on September 17, 2013

Where’s the offer? I updated Lightroom to 5.2 and associated DNG update for Photoshop. So when do I get the offer?

• By George - 2:29 PM on September 17, 2013

I just spoke to a direct sales rep, and he told me that I was not eligible because I chose to get the full CS6 suite through the creative cloud in 2012 and that my educational discount versions (CS4 and CS5) don’t qualify me since with none of these options did I purchase a full retail “license” – I purchased a “membership” or a discounted version. Not only that since my current Photoshop CC single-app is also a “membership” that does not qualify me for the addition of Lightroom either even if I continue to pay $19.99/mo. I also pointed out that I have paid for a licensed copy of every version Lightroom from day one and four different versions of Photoshop (CS4, CS5, CS6 and now CC) but that didn’t seem to matter. Even if I can’t get the $9.99/mo rate I think I should be able to get both Photoshop and Lightroom in the single-app bundle. Look at Chuck’s comment above he got his Photoshop CC for “free” and yet per Jeffery it seems like he is eligible even after the promo is over. Where’s the justice!

• By George - 5:44 PM on September 17, 2013

To add insult to injury, I just heard from a friend of mine who was able to sign up for the program using an Educational Version of CS6!

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:36 AM on September 18, 2013

Hi George, This current offer is a loyalty offer to photographers who paid full price ($700-$1000) for prior versions of Photoshop. It’s exciting to see there is a lot of interest in the program from educational license customers. I appreciate the feedback and will share that interest with management in hopes that we can put together a similar offer for folks in the education segment.

• By George - 8:01 PM on September 17, 2013

Who is the “loyal Photoshop customer” mentioned at the beginning of this blog? A person who gets a free Photoshop CC “membership,” one who just purchased a boxed version of Photoshop CS6 a month ago, one who did not sign up for CC, one who has never purchased a single version of Lightroom?

OR

One who started with CS4 then upgraded to CS5, CS6 (on CC), and finally to Photoshop CC and who also purchased Photoshop Lightroom when it first came out and has upgraded to every version since?

Which “loyal Photoshop customer” do you think should be able to take advantage of the Photoshop Photographer’s Program?

• By Cindy - 3:53 PM on September 17, 2013

I’ve been a Photoshop Elements owner since it began. And since then, I have purchased versions 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. Also, I have purchased Lightroom versions 2, 3, 4, and 5. Recently, I even upgraded to the Photoshop CC single app membership at $19.99/mo rate. Although I don’t qualify for the $9.99/mo Adobe Photoshop Photography Program. I have most definitely shown loyalty to Adobe. Surely that should qualify me for something, even if it the same PS/LR combo, but at the $19.99/mo membership I am currently paying.

• By Cindy - 3:58 PM on September 17, 2013

If I upgrade my Photoshop CC membership to the full Cloud Membership, can I later downgrade to the Photoshop Photography Program and get the $9.99/mo rate?