by Julieanne Kost

Comments (13)

Created

October 4, 2013

I thought it might be time to share a few more photographs from my personal project – “Passenger Seat”.And yes, the motion blur in these images was captured in-camera.

JKost_PS_2013LR

Happy Friday, fall is finally here. : )

COMMENTS

• By Kyle Hartsock - 6:35 AM on October 4, 2013

Fall is upon us. Love the new pics.

• By Steve - 6:37 AM on October 4, 2013

Love these shots Julieanne. They definitely have a painterly effect. Print them out and I bet others wouldn’t even know it’s not an oil painting.

• By Joe D - 6:41 AM on October 4, 2013

Nice color and great blur. Might make a nice instructional video, no?

• By Ron - 7:21 AM on October 4, 2013

WOW, fantastic Julianne! Can you teach us how to make shots like these?

• By Keith Leitz - 7:46 AM on October 4, 2013

Vincent van Gogh would approve.. He may even be doing it were he alive today.

• By Keith Holdaway - 8:26 AM on October 4, 2013

Beautiful images Julieanne and great technique too!

• By Elaine Argaet - 11:08 AM on October 4, 2013

The energy of the movement is outstanding, a great step outside the traditional.

• By Bob Harron - 11:38 AM on October 4, 2013

Is that snow in some of those photos? With the fall colors starting I think I will have my wife take me for a drive so I can try to get some blur photos.
    Any suggestions for camera settings Julieanne?

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:10 AM on October 7, 2013

The speed of the shutter is going to depend on how fast you are driving and how fast you are panning (because of the distance between you and the subject). I’m trying to find time to write an app about it, but squeezing in another project has been more difficult than I imagined at the moment…

• By Greg Rubstello - 1:43 PM on October 4, 2013

I started a similar project last year, taking pictures from a moving train. The results as your images demonstrate can be quite provocative and visually unique.

• By Paul Beiser - 5:55 PM on October 4, 2013

These are really well done and very inviting and interesting to view. Wonderful to explore, much more than ‘normal’ blurs are… Great work!!

• By geraldine westrupp - 5:13 AM on October 6, 2013

Lovely! Were they actually taken from the moving car? Not composite? Whatever, they are impressive :)

• By Joe - 7:04 AM on October 7, 2013

I like the motion of fall. Thanks