Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3 Now Available

Adobe Lightroom Classic

Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3 are now available on Adobe.com. The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw and lens profile support, as well as address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom. This release also restores the Import experience available prior to Lightroom 6.2.

Click here for more information on lens profile support and bug fixes.

Here are my current Import videos.

02. Lightroom –  Importing Images From a Camera Card

03. Lightroom –  Importing Photos from your Computer into Lightroom

Once you’ve updated to the latest version of Lightroom, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. Lightroom wouldn’t be what it is today without our passionate and loyal customers around the world. Giving us regular feedback helps us to find and fix issues that we may otherwise not know about. We are listening.

Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback:

Report bugs and suggest features

Discuss workflow and get help with how-to questions or basic troubleshooting

Adobe Lightroom Classic

Posted on 11-17-2015

Comments

• By Luis M - 8:42 AM on November 17, 2015

should I ???… can’t trust it

• By Kristine Hinrichs - 8:42 AM on November 17, 2015

Given the number of people migrating to Olympus (particularly) and Panasonic it is really past time to provide lens profiles related to these cameras.

• By Richard harris - 12:04 PM on November 17, 2015

Kristina, you’re misunderstanding the M4/3 system – the lens & camera profiles are baked into the image file – as the corrected result in JPEGs and as the full profile in RAW files. So M4/3 doesn’t need external profiles. HTH

• By Colin Lipworth - 1:14 PM on November 17, 2015

I read somewhere that because of the digital interface between Olympus cameras and lenses, the lenses tell the camera about their profiles and the camera embeds these into the RAW and they are automatically applied on “development ” so that there is no need for Lightroom to supply lens profiles. Can anyone confirm this?

• By Jim - 1:34 PM on November 17, 2015

Kristina,
      As an long time Olympus fan, I wondered about this too from the first version of Lightroom. Answer is that the firmware of the Oly and Pan lens already correct the profiles so Adobe has not had to add a profile as it is already done. Yeah 4/3.

• By Galloux Vincent - 9:06 AM on November 17, 2015

Thank god the import module is back to what it was… The “new” one was a nightmare

• By Mike Nelson Pedde - 9:29 AM on November 17, 2015

Haven’t downloaded Lr 6.3 yet, but if you’ve restored the import mofule you have my gratitude. The 6.2 version was simply awful, not the least because it completely removed the ability to use import presets. I appreciate new features, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!

Mike.

• By Bill Mitchell - 11:31 AM on November 17, 2015

Oh, how I was hoping this update would allow D810 tethering with OSX El Capitan. But no dice 🙁

• By Dave M - 11:37 AM on November 17, 2015

The CC version doesn’t seem to be available to update. If I download the standalone installer will that still work? Thanks.

• By Leigh - 3:39 PM on November 17, 2015

Have the tethering issues with Nikon/Leica cameras and El Capitan been fixed or will that be in another update? Thanks!

• By Daniel Gregoire - 3:55 PM on November 17, 2015

My creative cloud not proceed to the update ? is it normal ?

• By Dokk - 7:40 PM on November 17, 2015

I am gun-shy now after the previous Import module debacle! I previously DL’d the update as soon as it was available. But not now! That last train-wreck cost me a days work sorting it out. I’ll wait until a few people review it.

I trust Julieanne and appreciate all the great work she does. I think I’ll sit tite for a few days.

I will watch the videos, maybe that will bring me around……….

• By Grzegorz Gladyszewski - 12:29 AM on November 18, 2015

My CC does not allow to proceed the update. Of course, it is not for the first time… It is not so kind that update is not offered at the same time for all users…

• By Carlos A. Oliveras - 3:22 AM on November 18, 2015

Thanks for restoring the so-called “import experience” previous to 6.2. Now that I can use the normal import again, I wonder (even more than before) who on earth could really believe that horrible new interface could make any sense.

• By Kim Brun - 10:51 AM on November 18, 2015

The Soft Proofing bug has not been fixed.

How do you print from Lightroom if you do not know the actual RGB values of your file?

• By Frank Burnside - 11:27 PM on November 18, 2015

I have CC 2015.1.1

I have been trying for most of the might to download LR CC 2015.3, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Where can I find DETAILED instructions? I get this page – https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/lightroom – which says Lightroom is downloading now, but nothing has happened. This is VERY frustrating!

• By DES - 8:34 PM on November 19, 2015

Finally got used to the new import interface. Wrote a whole workflow document on it. And then you change it back again. Have to edit my whole workflow doc. Grrrr.

Would love to see convert to DNG available for the second copy. Also like to see a third copy available too.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:30 AM on November 30, 2015

I understand your frustration – however I believe that based on customer feedback it was the right thing to do. Please post your feature requests on the Lightroom forum so that they can be seen by the product team and commented on by additional customers. Thanks!

• By Jon Brown - 5:29 PM on November 22, 2015

Thankfully 6.3 previews the import destination again the removal of which had made 6.2 unusable for me…

However, not it hangs importing any folder/card with video in it 🙁

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:33 AM on November 30, 2015

Jon, I’m not aware of this issue, but it might be helpful to post it to the Lightroom forums.