I’m excited to announce several updates and new features in Lightroom Classic including new profile and preset managers, color labels for organizing folders, auto-stacking options for HDR, panoramas and more.
Improvements to Preset management.
- To selectively hide and show groups of presets, click on the ‘+’ icon on the Presets panel and select Manage Presets.
- Use the check to toggle the visibility of preset groups.
- To reset the visibility of all presets, Control -click (Mac) | Right-click (Win) on the Preset group (not an individual preset), and select Reset Hidden Presets.
- To disable presets from previewing in the Loupe view upon rollover, under Preferences > Performance, uncheck “Enable on hover preview of presets in Loupe”. The preset will still preview in the Navigator panel.
Improvements to Profile management.
- To selectively hide and show groups of profiles, right-click on a Profile set (not an individual profile) and select Manage Profiles.
- Use the check to toggle the visibility of profile sets. Note: the Favorites set can not be hidden.
- To reset the visibility of all profiles, Control -click (Mac) | Right-click (Win) on a Profile Set and select Reset Hidden Profiles.
- Control -click (Mac) | Right-click (Win) on the name of the Profile Set and choose to expand or collapse all Profile Sets.
- When previewing profiles, press and hold Option (Mac) | Alt (Win) to temporarily disable loupe preview for a quick before/after comparison.
Color Labels for Folders.
- Right-click on a folder in the Folder panel and choose Add Color Label to color-code a folder.
- To filter based on folder color label, select Labeled Folders from the Folder Search drop down menu.
New Auto-Stack options.
- To automatically stack the source and resulting images of a merged Panorama or HDR, check the Create Stack option within the HDR/Panorama merge tools (Photo Merge > HDR/Panorama). The resulting (merged) image conveniently appears at the top of the stack.
- When using Photo > Stacking > Auto-Stack by Capture Time, stacks will now collapse by default.
Faster Searching in Folders
- The speed in which you see folders when you search for them has been greatly improved.
HEIC Image Support
- Lightroom Classic now supports HEIC files in OSX 10.13 or higher.