I’m excited to announce several updates to Lightroom Classic including several enhancements to the Book module, support for importing profiles and presets as ZIP files, and HEIC support on Windows.
Enhancements to the Book Module
For customers who have requested additional Blurb book options, you’ll be happy to know that the Book module now supports Blurb Magazine, Blurb Trade Books, and Layflat paper:
- Magazines provide a high-end look with semigloss cover and velvet finish paper.
- Blurb Trade Books are affordable books ideal for distribution.
- Layflat paper for Blurb Photo Books make unique layouts possible, thanks to its seamless spreads.
In addition, you can now customize the layout – create any number of photos, at any size and place them anywhere on the page!
- Reposition any cell (Text or Photo) anywhere on the page by dragging the center anchor point.
- Change the size of a cell by dragging any of the eight resize buttons (anchor points) surrounding the cell. Note: as in earlier releases, dragging within the cell will change the cell padding.
- Right -click on a page and choose Add Cell > Photo or Photo Description to add new cells to a page.
- Right -click on a page and choose Remove Selected Cell to delete an unwanted cell.
Use the new Page Grid and Guide Lines in the Guides panel for easier alignment of photos and descriptions.
- Nudge cells into position using Option + left/right/up/down arrow keys (Mac) | Alt + left/right/up/down) arrow keys (Win).
If cells overlap, change the stacking order (z-plane) by right -clicking in the cell and choosing one of the following:
- Send To Back – sends the cell to the lowest level in the stacking order.
- Send Backward – sends the cell one level down in the stacking order.
- Bring To Front – sends the cell to the highest level in the stacking order.
- Bring Forward – sends the cell one level up in the stacking order.
Save Custom Layouts as Template.
- Right click on a page and choose Save as Custom Page to save the Layout. Then, select it at any time using the Page panel’s page picker.
New Page Numbering Options:
- In the Page Panel, choose to display page numbers on only the left or right page (instead of on both pages).
Change Cell Border Size and Color
- In the Cell panel, add a border of any size and color to a cell.
Pause (and Resume) during Upload:
- Use the Activities Center to pause/resume the upload of cover and pages with in a session while uploading to Blurb.
Import and automatically install presets and profiles
This release also adds in the ability to import a zip archive full of presets and profiles. Select Import from either the Preset panel or Profile browser, select the zip file, and Lightroom will automatically install the presets and profiles in the correct location.
- From the Presets panel, click the ‘+’ icon and select Import Presets. Select the desired ZIP file and click OK.
From the Profile Browser, click the ‘+’ icon and select Import Profiles. Select the desired ZIP file and click OK.
Note: both Presets and Profiles will be imported with either of the above methods (XMP presets, XMP profiles, DCP profiles, and LCP profiles). Legacy “lrtemplate” files will not be imported (even if contained inside the ZIP).
- In addition, legacy Presets and Profiles are now hidden by default. To reveal them, right -click on any profile group, choose Manage Profiles, and enable Legacy profiles.
HEIC Support on Windows
HEIC files are now supported on Windows and macOS High Sierra and later.