March 18, 2007

Font of the Ancient Mariner; more

//na// Savory type bits:

Posted by John Nack at 11:07 PM on March 18, 2007

Comments

• J. Peterson — 12:03 PM on March 19, 2007

If you love clipper ships, and you’re in the Bay Area, there are two available to ride on! I did it a week ago and it was a blast (literally – on our cruise the two ships were firing canon blanks at each other).
    The sailing schedule is here.
    [Cool! Thanks for the info. –J.]

• John Dowdell — 1:14 PM on March 19, 2007

I don’t know if that kingfisher knows the penguin, but I did a doubletake after seeing the similarity to this kingfisher:
    (Some of the ships advertised in those clipper cards are probably beneath the Financial District in San Francisco today… anything east of Portsmouth Square poured landfill around the ships abandoned after landfall.)
    jd

• online shopping — 9:56 AM on October 04, 2007

The story of Lunar was seriously cool. Now there is a company that’s SERIOUS about typography, and know and understand good business acumen and how to have fun. If I was a typographer, I’d love to work for a company like that. That campaign with using dingbat and wingding fonts (not to mention others) was simply brilliant. They should definitely get an award for that!
    Looked at some examples of their work on their site as well – definitely a class A company. And they definitely got the guy they wanted, that’s for sure. I would never have thought of checking DingBat or WingDings! That’s probably why I was the wrong guy…

• portraits art — 11:30 PM on December 11, 2007

Thanks for this run down. I think I’ll have lots of things to work on this weekend.

• Oil painting art — 8:31 AM on June 03, 2008

Cool list! I hope you can add more in your next post.

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)