October 24, 2008
Recent political illustrations, animations, & fruit
The US presidential election is motivating all kinds of creativity, from posters to pumpkins. (And before anyone flips out, let me say that A) I’m trying to be evenhanded in the distribution of links below, and B) I picked things to share based not on political affiliation, but based on creative/graphical interestingness.)
- Start your day right with Cap’n McCain’s and Obamaos (and annoying jingles!).
- MC Yogi’s pro-Obama video shows skillful type chops. [Via]
- Ceremonial fruit orbs:
- Better Homes and Gardens offers downloadable pumpkin-carving stencils for creating the likenesses of the candidates, not to mention media figures from Colbert to Oprah.
- Orange State’s Yes We Carve project is all Obama, all the time.
- You may just want to tune out the politics, rocking out with Yoda, Space Invaders, and other geekery. [Via]
- The NY Times features an interactive presentation that tracks their editorial endorsements for president through history, including blurbs from the endorsements, links to full articles, and an indication of which candidate prevailed.
- Well, you can’t say you don’t know what to expect with this one: The Brokers With Their Hands On Faces Blog.