November 26, 2008

Bridge CS4 Output module updated

A new update to the Bridge CS4 output module adds the much-requested ability to specify header and/or footer text in PDF files (screenshot), and it reduces the size of the Web galleries it produces.  (JPEG quality is now set at 9;  previously it was maxed out, which produced excessive size without offering a visible advantage.)  You can download the update for Mac and Windows from Adobe.com.

Posted by John Nack at 7:09 AM on November 26, 2008

Comments

• J. Peterson — 1:51 PM on November 26, 2008

Now if only it could go directly to paper without making a PDF file first…

• Roger — 11:28 AM on November 27, 2008

John,
    Thanks for the update regarding Bridge. I’m not too excited about having to go to Bridge to do this sort of thing and would prefer this functionality being in Photoshop. I put my thoughts into a blog post earlier this week. I’d be interested in your response to my comments regarding Bridge. http://www.campphotoshop.com/Adobes-Bridge-to-Nowhere+

• Mathias Vejerslev — 5:29 PM on November 27, 2008

Make webgallery JPG setting a user choice, please.
    [Next time, hopefully. –J.]

• John Schwaller — 9:52 PM on November 27, 2008

I like the output module…at least for creating quick contact sheets, which is what I have used it for so far.
    I like the “concept” of this update, It was exactly what I was looking for…however, it failed to install.
    It may very well be my fault as I modified the custom templates (.json files) to reflect US letter and other layout details. I also added a template and modified the ‘ConstantSheetConstant.jsinc file to include it in the drop down.
    Could this be the cause of the failure to install?

• damian — 8:29 AM on January 12, 2009

I’m getting the “failed to install” error with a brand new installation so I doubt its your changes.

• René Damkot — 3:21 AM on June 17, 2009

Link to Mac version isn’t working. Should be: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4229

• Ian Crysler — 12:09 PM on July 15, 2009

after having problems with bridge freezing when I made a web gallery in the output module, I deactivated and uninstalled. I then reinstalled and now the output module is blank! Any thoughts?

• Darryl Woods — 5:37 PM on July 26, 2009

I have not done any reinstall or updates the output module was just fine on Thursday, this morning it’s just blank any help would be greatly aapreciated.

• Matthew Laun — 1:52 PM on August 13, 2009

Darryl reported that this worked for him, so I’m posting for others to try:
    Manually reset preferences, purge the entire thumbnail cache and reset your default workspace:
    Note: If you are unable to find the Application Data folder, enable Windows to show hidden files and folders. For instructions, see the documentation included with Windows.
    1. Delete the entire contents of the Cache folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\ [user] \Application Data\Adobe\Bridge CS4.
    2. Delete the “!!Last.workspace” file located at C:\Documents and Settings\ [user] \Application Data\Adobe\Bridge CS4\Workspaces.
    3. Delete the following registry key:
    4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Bridge CS4\Preferences
    Disclaimer: The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Adobe does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. Adobe recommends you have experience editing system files before you modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor, refer to your Windows User Guide or contact Microsoft Technical Support.
    Sincerely,
    Matthew

• Jorge — 11:56 AM on October 13, 2009

John,
    I shoot photos and write captions to go along with them. Pre-CS4 I could create a contact sheet that included the captions. The new output version on Bridge does not allow me to do that. Lightroom alows me to do this but I don’t always use it. It would be nice if Bridge had an option to print descriptions in the IPTC Core.
    Thanks,
    Jorge

• Fred M. Rhoades — 6:16 PM on December 16, 2009

I have a similar problem to Ian Chrysler’s Windows version problem: The CS4 Bridge Output Workspace panel is blank. It is enabled as a startup script in Preferences and, as far as I can tell, the actual script is where it should be in the Library/…. Startup Scripts location for Bridge. I saw this script demoed in a tutorial somewhere and it is functionality I would really like to use.

• Linda W — 2:35 AM on February 20, 2010

I have got dozens of contact sheets to create for a big job and want to put headers and footers on them. I’ve downloaded the Windows update from the link above -thank you – and rebooted the computer twice, but there is still no difference – no header and footer in Output mode. I’ve put the downloaded files into the Plug Ins folder in my Bridge CS4 programme files. Does anybody know why the header and footer options are not appearing?
    Thanks.

• Farag M. Afify — 6:06 AM on February 26, 2010

Dear PhotoShop CS4 Community, I’m still unable to creat PDF Presentation yet. For sure CS4 is more skilled than CS3 but for PDF Presentatiion should be helpful.
    Thank you for your advice.

• Heather Brule — 12:08 PM on March 12, 2010

HI, I just have a question regarding Bridge. I have successfully added metadata to my photos, but when I want to view them in a MS window , there is no metadata attached. (ei. right click on picture, properties,summary= no metadata.) Is there something that I’m missing? Is there a solution to this? Please help.
    Cheers

• Howard Fenimore — 4:50 PM on May 01, 2010

Hi I am having trouble trying to import images into bridge. It tells me that i am low on memory but I have alot of memory still.
    I need a solution please.
    I can not download through bridge any longer.
    Thanks Howard Fenimore

• Marek Mularczyk — 3:31 PM on January 18, 2011

Thanks for this great post, John. I am writing about these features and creating videos for my blog:

I hope people will enjoy it.

Thanks again,

Marek

• Schalk — 1:08 AM on March 06, 2011

Hi John

My Adobe Photoshop CS4 updated last week (via Internet) and since then my Bridge Output to Web does not work. I’ve used it the day before the update and it was working fine.

Nothing else changed or was installed on the PC. The PC is running on XP with SP3, with AVG Internet Security.

I don’t know where to check which Adobe update version it was? However my current Photoshop is Version 11.0.2 and My Bridge is Version 3.0.0.464

Can you assist with this?

• Vincent — 6:38 AM on June 21, 2013

Hello John,

I am wondering if it is possible to merge pdf created under photoshop into one single PDF file ??
    Its a catalog and would be really great if everything would be together.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)