November 08, 2008

CS4 desktops, screensavers now available

Adobe evangelist Terry White has posted some CS4 logo desktop images plus screensavers for Mac & Windows. (Just to spare you any suspense, the screensavers are pretty minimal; here’s a screenshot.)

Posted by John Nack at 10:51 AM on November 08, 2008

Comments

• Andrew Smith — 3:02 PM on November 08, 2008

A screenshot of a screensaver? There’s some sort of irony in that.
    [Maybe I could do a drawing in grease pencil or something, then describe that through an interpretive dance. –J.]

• Ramón G Castañeda — 8:31 PM on November 08, 2008

You have got to be kidding! Don’t you see that human figure in the CS4 logo? It’s a guy on his knees, with his hands behind his back. (The latter a subject of much and varied undignified speculation.)
    [I don’t see it, but I guess people see that kind of thing frequently. –J.]
    It’s been the object of vast ridicule since it made its debut at the time of the pre-announcement of the announcement of the CS4 release.
    Oy!

• alanvalek.com — 11:59 PM on November 09, 2008

What is up with that logo John? I heard you used to work for a design agency before Adobe? Do you feel me on this one?
    [Man, I have years’ worth of scar tissue from the flames over the CS3 icons. My feedback about all things CS4 was… noted. –J.]
    Is this the marketing department warming up the customers for the new logo for CS5? I really like the whole minimal periodic table of elements vibe the current line up has. From a design / marketing stand point I have to say that logo looks a bit dis-jointed from everything else…? No? Ya? Love CS4 though!!!

• Jensa — 3:40 AM on November 10, 2008

Hi John,
    Couldn’t find your email, but here’s new twist on that Icon color wheel:
    [Very trippy, Jensa! Thanks for the link. –J.]

• Russell Coleman — 4:00 AM on November 10, 2008

The web filter that my work uses blocks Terrys website, apparently it falls into the ‘Illegal Drugs’ category
    [Man, the Suite is a drug?? –J.]

• alanvalek.com — 8:35 PM on November 10, 2008

Thanks for responding back John.
    Alan

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)