December 05, 2008
Friday Photos: Sketchy Swedes, bodybuilders, and more
- Things one presumably doesn’t see every day:
- Martin Schoeller has captured a series of portraits of women bodybuilders. (From Kottke: “If you cover up the faces with your hands, they look like men in bikini tops and if you cover up the bodies, meth addicts.”) [Via]
- Fancy a round-up of Swedish 1970s dance band photos? [Via Jeff Tranberry, who says, “The real challenge is how to fit it into a relevant post! It’d be a good one for rickrolling some readers.”]
- Moments in time:
- Barbara Probst’s Split Second project captures the same moment from multiple perspectives.
- Game face: Robbie Cooper’s Immersion project aims to photograph facial expressions of people as they play video games, surf the web, and watch TV. The corresponding video isn’t super flattering. [Via]
- Fans of mid-century design/photography goodness should peep a visual remembrance of Lou Dorfsman.