January 05, 2009
New tutorials: Masking in CS4, Bridge CS4
Russell Brown is presenting some new techniques at Macworld on Wednesday, and he’ll be handing out a CD containing all his latest tips and tricks. In the meantime he’s posted a pair of new videos:
- Masking in CS4 shows off the on-canvas adjustment tool for Hue/Saturation, new feather/density options for masks, and more
- My favorite new Bridge features covers the Output module, enhanced loupe tool, and more
Fellow evangelists Terry White, Julianne Kost, and others will be on hand as well, so check out the theater schedule for complete details.
PUGs (Photoshop User Groups) in SJ, SF this week
The PS User Groups in San Jose and San Francisco are busy this week, holding a pair of events. Tomorrow night the San Jose group meets:
- Explain color management thought process and workflow and importance of screen to print matching.
- Convert raw files.
- Open images to be worked on in CS3 and prep for print.
- Explain printer drivers and cover color management options.
- Discuss different paper types and their characteristics.
We’ll have pizza and drinks at 6:30, and the meeting will start at 7:00, in the Park Conference Room of Adobe Systems’ East Tower, 321 Park Avenue, San Jose. If the security guard at the parking entrance asks for an Adobe contact, use Bryan O’Neil Hughes’s name. Please RSVP to Dan Clark.
On Thursday the group in SF meets:
Come join the 2009 kick-off of “Photoshop till you drop” – a San Francisco-based user group for Photoshop fanatics. We’ll kick off these meetings with Photoshop Product Manager, Zorana Gee who will take us through a tour of all the new features in Photoshop CS4 and even a taste of 3D in Photoshop CS4 Extended. Her demo will include (but not limit to) new GPU enhancements, time-saving workflow improvements with the new adjustments and mask panels, greatly improved stitching capabilities for both panoramas and a stack of images and a whole bunch of little things that make a huge difference.