February 02, 2009
Typographic density & more
- The groovy Wordle is “a toy for generating ‘word clouds’ from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.” So go rock it! [Via]
- 389 Years Ago charts African American history.
- Missed Connections turns Craigslist notices into attractive maps. [Via]
- This year’s Grammy Awards feature a typographical portrait of Thom Yorke. [Via]
- Double Buttcheek Score: Scrabble-inspired pillows are among 15 typography-based objects. See also the
Scrabble keyboard. [Via Bryan O’Neil Hughes]
- Jen Renninger brings the feel of old-school flash cards to her Modern Design deck.
- Authentic Ink is a drippin’ good old fraktur font.
- Hand-made fonts beg to be touched. [Update: Reader Hanford Lemoore reports getting malware notices with the link, so I’ve removed it from the main text. I’m not seeing any problems (at least via Mac browsers), so here’s the active link if you still want to click it.]