April 04, 2009

New Pixel Bender Toolkit available

A new version of the Pixel Bender Toolkit, used for writing imaging filters that run super fast in Photoshop, Flash, and After Effects, is available for download from Adobe Labs. Engineering manager Kevin Goldsmith writes,

This new version includes the ability to edit, compile and run Pixel Bender Graphs (supported in Photoshop and After Effects). It also has a number of bug fixes, specifically in areas around PBJ generation.

If you’ve haven’t yet grabbed the PB Gallery plug-in for Photoshop CS4, you might want to do so as it lets you run an ever-growing set of very fast filters. (Plus, we’d like to get your feedback on where to take it in the future.) I’ve collected lots of PB-related resources & links here.

Posted by John Nack at 2:58 PM on April 04, 2009

Comments

• Stefan Klein — 3:17 AM on April 05, 2009

John, any news on what came out at the nvidia Pixel Bender contest?

• Robert Barnett — 8:31 AM on April 06, 2009

Has/Can anything be done about the size of the rendering. I believer I have read reports that this technology can only handle images up to a certain size because of current limitations in video cards. Has this been fixed or can it be fixed without having to buy a new expensive video card?

• Rob Seidel — 3:39 AM on April 10, 2009

Would be cool to store arrays/images/variables and use them globally in After Effects. So the complexity of the filters could grow!
    And I’m also keen to know what happend in the context…

• katherine Reiner — 5:55 AM on April 13, 2009

I have lost memory in some of my rendering wil using the Nvidia 9600. I am as well interested in technelogical information as well as Robert Barnett.

• Uggs on sale — 12:43 AM on December 08, 2009

uggs on sale with 50% dicount.All boots in our site are high quality.I think you can buy them with a gift
    for christmas day!

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)