May 02, 2009
Weekend photography: Dimmed Earth, glowing frogs, & more
- The Big Picture features a terrific overview of Earth Hour 2009, offering the ability to click photos to fade between lit & unlit versions of the same subject.
- James Snyder spotted a Cuban tree frog that ate a Christmas tree light.
- Lesa Snyder King offers tips on creating a Smart Object-based photo template–i.e. a PSD with effects applied, into which you can insert other photos.
- Level & Tap “seeks to showcase photographers and their work in a way that will sell prints.” John Gruber points out Sara Flemming’s work. I’m partial to Trey Hill’s abstraction.
- Jason Hawkes captures human landscapes from above. [Via]
- “The best camera is the one that’s with you,” says Chase Jarvis. He’s got an entire portfolio of work captured using only his iPhone’s camera & processed on the device. [Via]