August 16, 2009
Sunday Illustrations: Creepy ads, Fruit cannibalism, & more
- Somsara Rielly is creating a collage a day for 365 days: Art Design 3(6)5. I’m a huge sucker for this faux-Photoshop error message. [Via]
- Frank Chimero makes nifty laser-etched wood panels featuring his work.
- “Is it always illegal to kill a woman?,” asks one of The 15 Creepiest Vintage Ads Of All Time. (Who says we don’t make at least a little progress?) The self-slicing pig reminds me of SNL’s old Cluckin’ Chicken ad.
- There’s weirdness a plenty in these 30 controversial album covers. (Now I’ll look even more askance as my neighbor’s crapped-out Crown Vic with the homemade Cannibal Corpse seat covers.)
- I have no useful way to introduce the work of Joel Trussell (illustrator for Gama-Go and more), but the guy’s got skills. (Poor Mr. Wobbles…)