September 14, 2009
Lightroom 2.5 and Camera Raw 5.5 Now Available
Lightroom 2.5 and Camera Raw 5.5 are now available as final releases on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2 (choose Help->Updates). Direct download links are here. These updates include camera support for the following models:
- Nikon D300s
- Nikon D3000
- Olympus E-P1
- Panasonic DMC-FZ35*
- Panasonic DMC-GF1
- Camera Raw 5.5 and Lightroom 2.5 include a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Bayer sensor cameras with unequal green response. Olympus, Panasonic and Sony are among the more popular camera manufacturers affected by this change. The demosaic correction provides a subtle visual improvement to the processing of those raw files.
- Lightroom 2.5 corrects for the following problem in Lightroom 2.4. Lightroom 2.4 on Windows continued to display the import dialog when a memory card was detected regardless of the preference setting “Show import dialog when a memory card is detected.”
[Via Tom Hogarty/Lightroom Journal]
* Note that in Europe and Japan this model is marketed as the DMC-FZ38. Unfortunately, due to a metadata difference between these cameras, files from the DMC-FZ38 will not be supported until the next Camera Raw and Lightroom updates.
(rt) Useful utilities: PS preset syncing, shortcuts, & more
- In response to a reader’s request for FTP to be built into more CS apps: To save straight from Photoshop to a Web server via FTP, try http://www.expandrive.com/
- Bittbox shows off How to Sync Photoshop Presets on Multiple Computers. [Via]
- Haven’t gotten to try it (I don’t use WordPress), but Divine promises PSD->WordPress site conversion.
- The Adobe Shortcut App lists keyboard commands from across CS4. Being a real nerd for this stuff, I’d like to see it made totally comprehensive. (Would we need 64 bit for the RAM required by that listing? ;-)) [Via Adam Pratt]
- Handy shortcuts for changing font size in Photoshop: (I had no idea, and I’m usually all over these things.)
[For more utilities, see previous.]