February 06, 2010
Sneak peek: Future Photoshop masking technology
In this brief demo, Photoshop PM Bryan O’Neil Hughes shows off some new selection technology that offers better edge detection and masking results in less time–even with tricky images like hair:
(You can see it in higher resolution on Facebook.)
Hopefully this helps explain why we put the Extract filter out to pasture in CS4.
[Update: See also another great mask made with Photoshop :-). (Via Steven Johnson)]
(rt) Illustration: Bananas, evil, & more
- Dig this super fun Chiquita banana redesign. I want the luchador sticker! [Via]
- Here’s a high-res set of 60 Recent Movie Posters. It’s a bit of a mixed bag, but there’s some solid Photoshop action here. (I like the Crank 2 and Terminator Salvation pieces in particular–more than the corresponding flicks themselves.)
- Newsweek features “Unattainable Beauty: The Decade’s Biggest Airbrushing Scandals.”
- “My Heart is Divided“–fun schematic shirt from the Chopping Block.
- Meet The Milky Way Transit Authority: our galaxy as tube map. [Via Ellis Vener]
- Man, does Japan have fast broadband. This and other stats get visualized via the State of the Internet Explained In One Giant Infographic.
- “Evil and Lazy” shirt. How nice. (Couldn’t get the Adobe font right, though.)