February 20, 2011
(rt) Photography: Ali’s greatness, retro re-creations, & more
- “This is the greatest photo you will see today,” notes Mike Monteiro. Sounds right to me.
- In her “Back to the Future” project, Irina Werning reenacts old photos, posing the same people in the same spots decades later. [Via]
- Plenoptic camera lenses, which use arrays of micro lenses & which can refocus images after the fact, come to cell phones.
- Edi Go has made surprisingly beautiful images of a plastic bag.
- Photo essays like this make me thankful for my immoderate blessings.