March 28, 2012
Photoshop CS6 beta: 500,000+ downloads & counting
Nice press quotes:
- Gizmodo: “Photoshop CS6: The Best Update In Recent Memory“
- PC Magazine:
- “The future of creative image editing is upon us.
- “You would think that after a program has been the leader in its field for over 20 years, there wouldn’t be much to add. But quite the opposite is the case with Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- “The new version will thrill nearly all categories of users, from photographers to designers.
- “All of this adds up to a superb upgrade that should make anyone serious about image editing salivate over Photoshop CS6.”
- Wired: “Content-aware brushes, Liquify filter and new Blur tool will amaze. In-app search is a huge time-saver for sifting through giant stacks of layers.”
- USA Today: “We’ve been testing CS6 for the last week, and having lots of fun with the new tools. The new interface is a huge improvement — the images really do look sharper and more pronounced.”
And from some designers I follow on Twitter:
- “I’ll use it for a few days so I can give a better assessment, but so far: ball out of the park.” — Neven Mrgan
- “I’ve been using PS CS6 for a while, and it’s been sweet… The truth is that CS6 has a bunch of changes that make my life a lot better but may piss off some users. Which is great. Adobe did well.” — Sebastiaan de With
- “I think the community at large agrees: PS6 is an incredible update.” — Cameron Moll
Thanks for the kind words, guys!