May 10, 2012
Download the new Adobe Edge preview
Adobe’s new HTML animation tool, Edge, has just released preview 6. Improvements include:
- Built-in lessons: Six new tutorials are built right into Edge, to help new users get familiar with the basics.
- Coding: A new code panel provides a complete view of the actions code in a composition, and the code editor has a new full code mode.
- Publishing: Projects can be published into DPS or iBooks formats. There’s also a new Static HTML Markup feature for SEO benefits, and Google Chrome Frame support for better fidelity on non-HTML5 browsers.
- Symbols: Users can now copy/paste and import/export symbols from one project to another.
- Languages: Edge is now available in French, German, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.
- Other cool stuff: The Preview in Browser function is now compatible with Adobe Shadow, auto-keyframe mode has been improved, editable time codes are back, and so much more to make Edge more efficient.
Live Illustrator demo/Q&A tomorrow
Illustrator CS6 will let you work with work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files—powered by the new Adobe Mercury Performance System. A modern interface streamlines daily tasks while you take advantage of new pattern tools, image tracing, and gradients on strokes. Attend this online event to see for yourself how Illustrator CS6 will let you spend less time waiting, more time creating.
A classical flash mob in the Copenhagen Metro
According to the YouTube caption,
In April 2012 Copenhagen Phil (Sjællands Symfoniorkester) surprised the passengers in the Copenhagen Metro by playing Griegs Peer Gynt. The flash mob was created in collaboration with Radio Klassisk. All music was performed and recorded in the metro.