August 12, 2013
Stop making crummy-sounding videos
“Nothing will take an audience out faster,” says DP of Saturday Night Live’s film unit Alex Buono, than bad audio. “They’ll sooner accept out-of-focus, underexposed shots” than bad sound.
Well-regarded audio engineer & trainer Larry Jordan agrees: “The best way to improve the quality of your picture is to improve the quality of your sound.” He recently recorded a session on demystifying Adobe Audition for video editors.
During this 45-minute presentation, you’ll discover:
- Send files and projects between Premiere Pro and Audition
- Remove hum from an interview
- Remove background noise
- Maximize audio levels without causing distortion
- Do an audio mix of your project
- Create “stems,” or submixes, of your dialog, effects, and music tracks
- Test your final mix to be sure it meets all technical specs before submitting it to the client