September 25, 2013
New Photoshop CC update (14.1.2) available
- F5 deletes layers instead of opening Brushes panel
- Intermittent crash using Generator
- Issue running actions with Generate>Image Assets enabled
- OpenGL functionality disabled on some Windows systems with both NVidia and ATI cards
Installation is simple:
- Look for the update in the Creative Cloud application and click “Update”. (Quit and restart the Creative Cloud application if you don’t see the update)
- If you don’t have the Creative Cloud application running, start Photoshop and choose Help > Updates.
- The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CC and choose Update.
Projection mapping + robots
Oh God that’s cool. Just stick with it for a minute:
According to The Creators Project,
The team has pioneered the use of robots that are normally used for manufacturing vehicles, and instead developed software to interface the robots in 3D system Maya.[…] Designed to control camera movement, activate lights, and shift set pieces with ever-repeatable motion, this precision allows the virtual and physical worlds to unite and CG elements to match in real time.
New Bjango Actions for iOS 7
Check out the latest Photoshop enhancements from screen designer Marc Edwards:
- Added iPhone Icon Template.psd
- Added iPad Icon Template.psd
- Added quite a few scaling actions (xxhdpi etc)
- Improved the new iPhone/iPad document actions
- Improved names for many actions
- Removed the Bjango Tools panel
- Removed lots of iOS 6 legacy stuff
As always check out Marc’s invaluable iOS & Android Photoshop Actions & Workflows.
Photoshop’s path selection get improved
Three really helpful improvements were made in Photoshop CC (v14.1), with regards to anchor point selection:
- Path point selection is no longer retained when switching among layers.
- Clicking on a selected anchor point will select that point and deselect others.
- With anchor points not currently visible on a path, clicking on the location of an anchor point will select that point without any extra clicks.