November 09, 2013
Camera 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC & CS6 available on Adobe Labs
Camera Raw 8.3 is now available as a release candidate on Adobe Labs for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC on Adobe Labs. For both versions it includes the new camera support mentioned below, and for Photoshop CC includes the following new features:
- Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
- Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke “auto temperature” and “auto tint” separately.
- Ability to option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
- Set the background color of the work area. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select a background color from a popup menu.
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300 (*)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1 (*)
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10 (*)
* denotes preliminary support [Via Jeff Tranberry]
Illustration drawn with… a vacuum cleaner?
I was tempted to say that this Electrolux ad sucks, when in reality it blows:
The ad, conceived by Saatchi & Saatchi Thailand, features the artist packing a compounded mound of dust into the cleaner, which he then releases onto the floor as powdered dust. Using the vacuum cleaner’s various settings, he meticulously creates an intricate mandala from the colored dust.