November 11, 2013

Photoshop CS6 update available

If you’re using Photoshop CS6, you can grab an update that squashes a handful of bugs. This is for folks using the perpetual license option; if you’re using Creative Cloud, you can of course upgrade to Photoshop CC.

Posted by John Nack at 11:12 AM on November 11, 2013

Comments

• Wayne — 11:43 AM on November 11, 2013

The update will not install and I have seen may complaints about this on the Internet. Adobe needs to get their act together and fix it to make it work. I have tried half a dozen times to install it and get the same message that it was could not be installed.No reason or anything

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 8:25 AM on November 12, 2013

Hi Wayne,

Are you on Mac or Windows? Does it give any sort of error code?

• Wayne — 10:15 AM on November 12, 2013

I am using Win 7

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 9:58 AM on November 12, 2013

Wayne, are you a creative cloud member? (if you go to About Photoshop) what version is displayed? If you’re at 13.1.x this patch isn’t intended for your product. If your product is a perpetual product with 13.0.x version, then this patch would apply.

• Wayne — 10:18 AM on November 12, 2013

I am using CS6 with a perpetual license. I think I have the correct update. When I tried using Updates in Photoshop it went through the process then said it could not install. Now if I use Photoshop’s Updates is tells me it has already been updated but About Photoshop shows it hasn’t.

• Rick Popham — 5:09 PM on November 13, 2013

Wayne, the solution seems to be re-installing CS6. I had the same issue with my CS6 perpetual. I installed CS6 over itself and then was able to apply the updates.

My plugins and preferences remained, so the process is a pain in the butt, but not as bad as it could be.

• Wayne — 6:20 PM on November 13, 2013

Thanks, I will give it a try.

• Trevor Morris — 6:12 AM on November 12, 2013

Same as above: this update will not install on my machine.

• Trevor Morris — 9:29 AM on November 12, 2013

My mistake. I didn’t realize that this patch was meant only for CS6 perpetual licenses (not CC subscribers). As you were! :)

• Peter — 3:29 PM on November 12, 2013

I got the update and it apparently went through okay, but when I start up Photoshop (not extended) on my windows7 machine the “about” dialog tells me it’s Photoshop CS6 version 13.0.1 x64.
    Trying to go to updates again tells me that everything is up to date, despite the wrong version number.
    (my Mac machine update just fine though)

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 9:34 AM on November 14, 2013

If you select Help>System Info… does it show the correct version? I don’t believe minor versions are shown in About Box.

• Wayne — 9:54 AM on November 14, 2013

System Info in my CS6 still shows the old version.

• Peter — 10:39 AM on November 14, 2013

Yes, it looks like that is the case. The about dialog only shows up to 13.0.1, but in the system info it shows the full version info in brackets “Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 …)”
        So the update did indeed go through just fine. Thanks!

Copyright © 2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)