Adobe Connect “Online Party” for nearly 500 Lightroom Beta Testers

On Thursday, March 1st, The entire Lightroom team staged an “online launch party,” which was presented as a thank-you celebration for the 10,000+ users who participated in the forums during the year-long public beta.

The party was presented using Adobe Connect technology, and was a first for the new Adobe hosted service with nearly 500 testers from around the world logged in. The 90 minute presentation was given by Lightroom team members from San Jose, San Francisco, Minneapolis and Seattle. VIP customers Jeff Schewe, Seth Resnick, Mikkel Aaland, Derrick Story and members of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals contributed to the photographs, slideshows, videos and demos presented to the testers. Special kudos go to Jennifer Stern and Jeff Schewe for organizing.

Schewe_LRVL.jpg
Jeff in his Antarctica outfit. Which worked in the Minnesota weather that day.

Party_LRVL.jpg
Teams in San Jose (left) and Minnesota (right) saying “thank you” to the public beta testers.

10 Responses to Adobe Connect “Online Party” for nearly 500 Lightroom Beta Testers

1. Johan says:

It was a very nice release party. But some had very. very bad sound. Adobe is the “funnniest” company I know! ;) Thanks for all great applications.

2. gaba says:

Too bad I couldn’t be “there” with you (my second daughter was born a few weeks ago and my family needs me).Congratulations and thank you for this brilliant software! Keep up the good work!

3. Katherine Mann says:

Thanks for the party folks.Love the f’king penguins.

4. Katherine Mann says:

Thanks for the party. Thanks for the software.

5. Glenn Piper says:

Just wanted to say thank you for the great software and for doing things in a different way.

6. I enjoyed it very much, bar the aforementioned sound issues. Looking forward to the edited archive version.

7. Congratulations for the software and the amazing party even if the audio was almost bad. I was wondering if there will be any ‘recorded’ version -with better audio – available…in the next future ;-) Thank you very much guys!

8. Eric says:

Where the download link the promised at the end of the party?

9. Hi Eric,We’re working on getting that posted. I’ll post the URL when it’s up. Thanks for your patience.George

10. OK. Finally got it posted. You can view the recorded Connect session by surfing to: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/Click the “Using Lightroom” tab, and then click the link “Photoshop Lightroom Ship Party recording.”