Camera Raw 6.1 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS5. This update includes camera support for the following models:
- Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
- Kodak Z981
- Leaf Aptus-II 8
- Leaf Aptus-II 10R
- Mamiya DM40
- Olympus E-PL1
- Olympus E-600
- Panasonic G2
- Panasonic G10
- Sony A450
- Camera Raw 6.1 includes new lens correction functionality that can apply profile-based corrections to accommodate geometric distortions, chromatic aberration and lens vignette effects. Manual corrections for geometric distortion as well as vertical and horizontal perspective transforms are also available. A handful of lens profiles are included for automatic correction and more can be created by the community with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/)
- This release addresses a bug on the Mac platform that could cause Photoshop CS5 to quit unexpectedly when opening a file in the Camera Raw 6.0 plug-in.
- This release contains performance enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness of the controls and the scrolling mechanism relative to Camera Raw 6.0.
- The camera support provided in this release was previously provided in the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in update with the exception of the Olympus E-600 which is new to this update. Please read the following blog post for an explanation of why redundant support has been released.
- Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on our Camera Raw 6.1 Release Candidate