Lightroom 3.2 and Camera Raw 6.2 Now Available

Lightroom 3.2 and Camera Raw 6.2 are now available as final releases on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 3.  These updates include bug fixes, new camera support and new features for Lightroom.

New Camera Support

• Canon EOS 60D
  • Casio EXILIM EX-FH100*
  • Fuji FinePix HS10
  • Leica S2 (DNG*)
  • Panasonic DMC-FZ100
  • Panasonic DMC-FZ40 (FZ45)
  • Panasonic DMC-LX5
  • Pentax 645D
  • Samsung NX10
  • Samsung TL500 (EX1)
  • Sony A290
  • Sony A390
  • Sony Alpha NEX-3
  • Sony Alpha NEX-5
  • Sony SLT-A33
  • Sony SLT-A55V
  • *The DNG raw file format is supported in previous versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw. This update improves the color and noise profiles for these models.

New Lens Profile Support

Lens Mount Lens Name
    Apple Apple iPhone 4 (back camera)
    Canon Canon PowerShot S90
    Pentax smc PENTAX-FA645 300mmF5.6ED[IF]
    Pentax smc PENTAX-FA645 400mmF5.6ED[IF]
    Samsung Samsung EX1
    Samsung Samsung 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 OIS
    Samsung Samsung 30mm f/2
    Samsung Samsung 50-200mm f/4-5.6 ED OIS
    Phase One Schneider LS 80mm f/2.8 (For 645DF System)
    Nikon SIGMA 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM (Nikon mount)
    Nikon SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM (Nikon mount)
    Sony Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS (For NEX System)
    Sony Sony E 16mm F2.8 (For NEX System)
    Canon TAMRON 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII A14E
    Canon Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM**
    Canon Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM**
    Canon Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS**
    Canon Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM**
    Canon Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM**
    Nikon Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D**

**These lens profiles were in the previous release but have been updated to address quality concerns.
    NOTE: The Pentax, Tamron and Zeiss profiles are the result of collaboration between Adobe and the respective lens manufacturer.

Lightroom 3.2 Release Notes

• Direct publishing to Facebook and SmugMug is now available
    • Tethered capture now supports the Leica S2
    • A larger list of corrected issues has been included as part of the Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate notes. Additional issues have been address in the final Lightroom 3.2 update:
    • Fixed authentication issues that could be experienced with the Facebook publish collection
    • Adressed performance issues that could occur while reviewing images in Loupe view
    • Corrected several Adobe Photoshop Elements upgrade issues
    • Corrected a file renaming bug involving date or time fields
    • Export with watermark will now function correctly when choosing the Limit File Size option

Camera Raw 6.2 Release Notes

• Scroll bar arrow performance has been improved
    • Fixed: Slow Scrolling could occur when working with the Mac Trackpad and a multiple image selection
    • Full screen performance issues have been addressed

63 Responses to Lightroom 3.2 and Camera Raw 6.2 Now Available

1. Elizabeth Emigh says:

Camera Raw 6.2

When I download the updater, from within PS5 or manually, it will not install.
      It shows that it has installed “COMPLETED.” But another window says update not applicable. Where does the file get placed.

I also followed the separate instructions, using the installer for my Elements 8. Shows installed… but folder?File Formats still says 6.1

Can you help me?

Thank you.

2. Eric says:

You Lightroom team have been hard at work this summer! I’m gone download and install this upgrade right now, hope it will fix my performance issues.

Thank you!

• Eric says:

Yes! LR 3.2 is now working (more) smoothly on my computer. I can edit my pictures (from a 5dMKII) as I use to with LR 2.7, without having LR crashing or becoming soooo sluggish and using all my ram 5 minutes after I began to work. Even the brush is working better. OK, it could be faster for sure, but now i can work with LR3.2, it was not the case with LR 3.0!

3. Christian says:

When are the bugs with the spot healing tool going to be fixed? If anything, this version seems even worse. Loading up one particular image and just moving the cursor around with spot healing switched on is enough to make Lightroom crash consistently!

4. David Naylor says:

Great to see that long list of added Tamron lenses!

If I may, I’d like to request a LCP for the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for the next update.

• Wayne says:

I’d like to add my vote for a LCF for the Tokina 11-16 f2.8. It was one of the first things I checked after downloading LR 3.2

5. D. Truninger says:

Hm, still doesn’t recognizes «normal» Nikkor Objective like 17-55mm, its even not selectable even when showed in the release notes list. It’s not shown in the List of Nikon selectable Lenses – there are only 6-7 units. Why?

6. fzwo says:

You know, they are called “Pentax”, with a t.

7. Harrieb says:

I just installed 3.2 but the lens profile for the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS is not in the list (Develop – Lens Corrections)

8. Gheorghita Teodoru says:

If I may, I’d like to request a LCP for the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 for the next update.

9. Helen says:

Hi Guys…I was under the impression that new Lightroom 3.2 would support my camera – Panasonic Model No. DMC-FZ35 but I can’t see it that model on your camera support list. Does that mean that this model is not supported by the new Lightroom 3.2 software?

10. Noel Carboni says:

Good to see so much active development on this.

-Noel

11. Pingback: John Nack on Adobe : Lightroom 3.2, Camera Raw 6.2 arrive

12. Any chance being able to change the camera settings from Lightroom during tethered session
      might be in the works? Does anyone else think this would be a great time saver?

13. Emanuele.f says:

Why not added support for Fuji FinePix S200EXR?

14. Ron Scubadiver says:

Requesting LCP for Nikon 20mm f/2.8 AF or AF-D.

15. Curt F. says:

Nice update, but really – we need more Nikon profiles. Unbelievable that recent kit lenses aren’t even available.

Any idea where to get homebrewed profiles?

16. Software_Tester says:

not usable for Linux;

17. Boris Masnik says:

Thanks for the upgrade, but unfortunately there are still surprisingly available profiles Pentax DSRL lenses (although the Pentax K20, K7 and Kx are very successful cameras), maybe next time .. :-)

18. Denis Pagé says:

So many thanks for fixing the date related renaming problem occuring when switching languages! (Multilingual country here)

19. JD says:

I have a question regarding the new lens profiles, are they only applicable to Raw files? I only see the new lens profiles when I’m working with Raw files, if I’m working with Tiffs or Jpegs I only see the the original list of lens profiles and none of the new ones.
      Is this behavior correct?
      Thanks, JD.

20. JD says:

Are the new lens profiles applicable to Raw files only? I only see the new profiles when I’m working with Raw files. If I’m working with Tiffs or Jpegs, I only see the original lens profiles and none of the new ones. Is this behavior correct? Thanks.

21. James says:

Is there somewhere we can go to see a complete list of lens profiles included in Camera Raw?

22. John Rayl says:

“Photoshop Camera Raw 6.2 Update Installation failed.” is what I get from the updater.
      OSX 10.5 CS5

Same thing happened when trying to update to 6.1.

But I forgot what it was and cannot find the thread in the adobe forums.

23. Jack Kan says:

I have lightroom 3 for mac and when I updated to 3.2 yesterday, there are no new lens profiles. I checked the list and my lens and they should now be included but it isn’t. Did they leave them out of the mac release of 3.2? I have a nikon 16-85.

24. Dave Lando says:

Nice new release, it would be very nice to have some of the Nikon kit lenses added to the lens profiles (the AF-S 18-55 VR for instance).

I think when the included lens profiles are the most common lenses sold, it would increase the satisfaction for users.

25. Frank says:

Schade kein Picasa drin – Facebook braucht man weniger bis überhaupt nicht. Photoshop.com ist auch nicht dabei dies finde ich mehr als Schade.

26. Gerlach Buur says:

My request: a LCP for Nikon AF 28 – 70 2.8 ED and Nikon 80-200 2.8 ED. That would be great!

27. I downloaded Lightroom 3.2 today and have had watermark problems since then. I’ve got a few different ones stored in Lightroom (partly cos I can’t figure out how to delete the unwanted ones!) and some will work in my export, some won’t. Unfortunately, the one I’ve been using on all of my photographs recently is not working and I can’t make a replica that works. I *need* this for my work, can someone please advise asap? Thank you.

28. Matthias Weber says:

It is good to see, that these lenses have now been integrated into Lightroom.

I would like to see also some Olympus lenses added.

29. Maurizio says:

If possible for next update add Canon EF 70-300 f4.5/5.6 DO IS USM. It’s a very popular lens. Thanks too

30. I was happy to uplaod LR 3.2. When I then brought an image into PS5 to edit, Photoshop asked for the Camera Raw 6.2 update. I did that.

THEN

When I went to work in Photoshop, all of my saved actions and other settings disappeared. I am an intermediate to novice in all of this, so what did I do wrong and how can I recover my earlier sets of custom settings and actions?

Thanks!

31. Eric Bruns says:

Unless I misunderstand something, distortion for the Nikon 18-200mm has also been updated. But my concern is less about list accuracy and more about the “automatic lens correction update” itself. I had perfectly aligned masks for hundreds of images but now when I open their Smart Objects, make and change and close, a new distortion correction is being applied, ie. the masks are not longer aligned. This is a major headache and it’s not clear how I might go back to the original lens profile. Even if it is worse, I am already invested in it with the masks. Pushing out this change without due notice or way to ensure backward compatibility is a major shortfall. I would be interested to hear how Adobe recommends I proceed? Revert to ACR 6.1 and miss out on all future updates? I highly recommend building legacy profiles into future updates.

32. kadajawi says:

It’d be great to see some Pentax lenses that real people have. I mean… those FA645 can be used by one digital camera (without adapters). That has been launched just recently. And that costs more than even the most expensive Nikon or Canon camera. Please, please add some normal lenses, at least the most popular ones like the 18-55 kit (also the older versions please?) and perhaps the 16-45, 50/1.4 etc. I know, we can create profiles too, but it would be nice to have a profile created by someone who knows what he is doing.

33. Ethan B says:

Another lens profile request — I would love to see the Tokina 10-17 f3.5-4.5 fisheye on the list.

This is an enormously popular lens amongst underwater photographers.

34. michael says:

The Facebook plug in does not work. It won’t authorize.

35. I installed the update on my laptop and noticed a significant slowdown of previews. I use LR for shooting tethered. When the shots come in via auto-import, I get a gray preview for 4 or 5 seconds while the actual image image loads.

Also, just flipping through images after they’ve been loaded and cached, I get a gray preview between images for a second or two before the image pops up. This is very distracting and it’s hard to compare one frame to the next.

In LR 3.0, this behavior is not present.

Anything I can do to get rid of that gray preview?

• Follow up: The gray preview bug only occurs in Develop mode. In Library mode, the image is pixelated for a second or two before it snaps into the focus. Again, this is very annoying and the behavior is not present in LR 3.0

36. Jean-Louis Gassée says:

In the list of supported cameras and lense profiles, I don’t see the latest Canon S95, a close relative of the S90 mentioned in the list. I was going to buy LightRoom 3, should I wait? JLG

37. netsurfer2 says:

Can’t see Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED profile if shooted with a D300s … ok if shooted with D300.

38. Jukka says:

“The Publish to Facebook service is no longer available.” (version 3.2)

Am I missing something??

39. Aiden Christiansen says:

It’s still really slow. A lot of people are complaining about LR3 and 3.2 is no better. Bibble 5 is going to make a killing in sales.

40. Jean Francine says:

I keep getting an error whenever I try to publish photos directly onto Facebook. The error reads “Failed to retrieve item info.” What exactly is wrong with this?

41. lurker says:

Cool, yeah. But how about a better relocating function? Like when the drive letter has changed and also the folder location so why can’t Lightroom scan recursively for missing images? From what I understand every image has a unique fingerprint anyways so this should be easy (almost) … it can do it with one folder, why not with many?

42. David L Hone says:

Discovering LR3′s full potential, would love Olympus Pen lens profiles.

43. JasonJMP says:

Since 3.2 (win7 32bit) LR hangs on File -> Import on both systems I am running. Did the Import feature change?

44. If I may, I’d like to request a LCP for the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for the next update we really need this update…

45. I may, I’d like to request a LCP for the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for the next update we really need this update… WE REALLY NEED THIS UPDATE………IS AN AWENSOME LENS!

46. Roger Nordin says:

Great work, but the RAW support for DMC-LX5 is either broken or incomplete, depending on how you view it – pictures taken with i.Zoom enabled and shot at max zoom cannot be opened by Adobe Lightroom 3.2 – or ACR 6.2 for that matter. Please fix this! They open fine in SilkyPix…

47. Denis Pagé says:

I wrote my previous comment just by reading “•Corrected a file renaming bug involving date or time fields” in the Release Notes above. But in fact, the bug is still there! Should be easy to fix as it appears to be simply an inversion in the translatedstrings.txt file. I now have to dissect as Year(YYYY)Month(MM)Day(DD) because you changed Date(YYYYMMDD) with Date(DDMMYYYY). What a mess in my folders and files now!

48. Pino van Megen says:

Do you know, when there will be support for the new Nikon p7000 RAW-Format (NRW) ?

49. Sharni says:

I do not have Lightroom already installed but would like to install Lightroom 3.2 directly. It doesn’t see possible on the adobe site. Could someone guide me please?

50. i just want to join lightroom 3 forum! hoping it was french! …..MAY BE I WILL FIND!!!

51. Martin Doversten says:

Searching for an update to support Facebook high resolution photos.
      Thanks for answer!

52. Susan Scharenberg says:

When will a LCP be available for the new Nikon 28-300 VR???

53. Peter Hölzel says:

when comes the next update?

i need tethered shooting for my canon 550d.

54. Jukka says:

Answer to myself:
      you should have IE as a default browser not e.g. Firefox…

Now it works again… : |

Cheers, Jukka

55. Adam says:

When I use certian ZE lenses, they don’t show up in the lens calibration panel.
      The 50 MP ZE shows up when I use that lens, but non of my 6 other zeiss lenses show up.
      How come?

56. Eric Belanger says:

Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3,5-5,6 IS USM ??????

57. john krill says:

After I renamed (F2) a group of image files in Lightroom 3.4 I found that Lightroom still used the original name when Exporting the file.

windows explorer show the rename and so does Pacaso. But Lightroom (The app that changed the file names) still uses the old name for export. Then new name is shown in the Library, etc.

I would like to know that somehow this bug is being reported. Is it?

58. tyrone dejesus says:

I’ve downloaded the latest software update for lightroom3 and still cannot get it to recognize photos from my Sony a33. I keep getting the message “the following files were not imported because the could not be read”. Does anyone have a sugestion?