Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final releases of Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 may have additional corrections or camera support.

New Camera Support in Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 Release Candidates

Schneider-Kreuznach 110 mm LS f/2.8 Phase One
Schneider-Kreuznach 150 mm LS f/3.5 Phase One
Nikon 1 NIKKOR 10mm f/2.8 Nikon
Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Nikon

Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 3.6 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part of previous Lightroom 3 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 3 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED

• Lightroom 3.5 did not update the correct metadata fields in a file after adjusting the capture time of an image
  • Publish Collections created prior to Lightroom 3.4 designed to publish to a Hard Drive could fail to work properly in Lightroom 3.5
  • The Targeted Adjustment Tool provided the reverse value intended when used on OS X 10.7
  • The incorrect Aspect Ratio was displayed when Crop settings were Copy/Pasted or applied via Previous button (Mac Only)
  • In rare situations, Lightroom 3.4 and 3.5 would not be able to read certain JPEG files properly
  • Files with invalid date metadata could fail to import properly
  • Editing a crop that had previously been copied from another file would fail to retain the copied aspect ratio
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 3.6 Release Candidate Bug Report Form.

Camera Raw 6.6 Release Notes

• Selecting a destination folder could cause the Adobe Photo Downloader to become unresponsive
  • Prior custom tone curve adjustments may not appear in the tone curve panel until the panel is refreshed
  • Images with red eye corrections may have had color artifacts when converted to black and white
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.6 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

A big thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, posted entries in the U2U forums and blogged their issues so that we could improve both Lightroom and Camera Raw in this update.

35 Responses to Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 available on Adobe Labs

1. Pingback: Adobe announces Lightroom 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6 release candidates with support for new Nikon, Canon, and Panasonic cameras | Camera Gear Guide

2. Pingback: Lightroom 3.6 og Camera RAW 6.6 klar til download | ThePhotoBlog.dk

3. Pingback: Lightroom 3.6 und Camera-Raw 6.6 als Release Candidates erschienen | Lothars Lichtbilder

4. Jens says:

Hi what about the Fuji X10 will it be supported by the final version of LR 3.6? Thanks!

5. marquet says:

Il manque le canon powershot g12, classique dans la gamme des compacts experts

6. Pingback: Релиз кандидаты Lightroom 3.6 и Camera Raw 6.6 | Светлая комната

7. Pingback: Inside Lightroom » Blog Archive

8. Pingback: John Nack on Adobe : Lightroom 3.6, Camera Raw 6.6 available on Adobe Labs

9. Brad says:

I’d love the see the Fuji X10 supported in the final release too, or at least in the next DNG converter update. Any chance?

10. Mark says:

The G12 has been suported for a long time, it’s hardly new:

11. Jason says:

How does the new licensing policy/pricing structure change affect Lightroom products?

Gotta say overall that this new policy will likely not resonate well with the enthusiast/hobbyist crowd, and may also encounter resistance in corporate accounts where subscriptions need approval from higher ups every month (which may result in just reducing the number of seats).

12. ex.consumer1 says:

I installed ACR 6.6 and opened a RAW Canon Powershot S100 file (.CR2), but ACR reports it is “Unable to locate a matching lens profile automatically” and the S100 is not in its list of Canon cameras.

13. Mike Lynch says:

Definitely NOT fixed:
    “Editing a crop that had previously been copied from another file would fail to retain the copied aspect ratio.”

The crop loses its ratio as soon as you make a sizing adjustment to it if you grab it by a corner. However, If you grab the crop by an edge, it will maintain the crop ratio – just like it did in previous versions.

14. Mark Stewart says:

Also to note that this release candidate is super kickarse fast.

15. Paul Trantow says:

Hi Kevin,

Cheers for the 3.6 RC. Initial testing here at the world headquarters (my dining room) have been 100% solid. Looking forward to taking it into the field later this week. That’s where it usually misbehaves, right? I’ll post if anything’s not perfect.

We appreciate the work you put into fixing this and how quickly you got the RC up!

-Paul
    Sunny Colorado

• Paul Trantow says:

Uh-oh. I just got it to fail. After maybe 100 captures. It got stuck on “transferring files from camera” again. Ugh. Nikon D7000, MacOS 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard)

16. Roland Meier says:

I’d like to echo the comments about the Fuji X10 support. Very interested in purchasing one and Lightroom support is essential for me.

17. I’d love multiple CF card simultaneous download. How has this been missed for so long? This is the crux of the wedding photographer’s workflow. (I have image names that run into each other, multiple camera’s and cards during one import.)

You went through all this trouble to make the import dialog awesome, and left this simple feature out.

I’m very surprised. I guess i’ll have to plop down another $100 for photomechanic. :(

18. I would also like to see support for Fuji’s X10. The sooner the better. Thanks.

19. Pit says:

I waiting fuji x10support too

20. Alex Zecchin says:

I hope you will work on a Finepix x10 converter as soon! thanks

21. Sebastian says:

I hope that the new Lightroom Update will support the Fuji X10

22. John says:

Fujifilm X10 support please.
    I have the camera for more than a couple of weeks and really, I expect Adobe to work with Fuji to get it supported way before its release.

23. Alain says:

Nice to have finally an up-date. However, how about the compatibility with OS x 10.7 Lion?!!!!

24. Jon Schick says:

Ditto for the Fuji X10. And given that it seems to be quite popular, it would be a shame if we had to move to other Raw programmes to get the best out of it…..

25. Peter says:

Please add Fuji X10 raw support to the final release.
    Thanks!

26. Raymond says:

Ditto on the support for Fuji X10 RAW files…

27. Andy says:

Fuji X10 support seems to be on everyones mind, please support it!

28. Yes, Fujifilm X10 please.

29. Harry Briels says:

L.S.
    How can I determine whether Leica lenses (profiles) are being supported by Lightroom?
    Harry

30. Gary Stone says:

Please please add support for the Fuji X10 as soon as possible as I miss shooting RAW

31. Jeff says:

I have no interest in ANY product I have to subscribe to. This is, alas a dealbreaker for me and many others I know. We don’t like things we don’t own and control. I for one also consider the “cloud” concept too risky. I like my stuff right here with me where I and I alone control it. Not on the cloud where Adobe, no matter how noble their intentions, has access to it.

32. Rolf Södergren says:

After updating to Lightroom 3.6 the program doesn’t respond when the tab Develop is selected.

33. Pingback: Lightroom 3.6 og Camera RAW 6.6 klar til download

34. Barbara says:

I am having trouble importing files from my desktop that were shot on my Canon 5d MkII tethered with Canon software; I am trying to put them in Lightroom 3. It will take the first shot in the folder and then not be able read the rest. I get an error message in a popup window that list the files to either SaveAs or OK. I have looked at all of the boards and am stumped.There is no file number duplication within Lightroom. If I use number sequencing instead of originial file number it works fine. What am I overlooking?