Lightroom 4.3 Now Available

Lightroom 4.3 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 4.  The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.

Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 4.3:

The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:

• Autolayout produces a Book with the correct amount of pages but without any images added. Please note that this only occurs when the filter is set to “Unused”.
  • Uploading large panorama images to Revel caused Lightroom to crash.
  • The “Unused” filter was not properly filtering images within the Book Module.
  • Lightroom hangs while changing the Exposure adjustment by typing in a numeric adjustment. Please note that this only occurs when the Enter key is not typed to confirm the adjustment and another Develop adjustment is tried. Also please note that this only occurs on Windows.
  • After creating a new folder in Lightroom, attempting to undo that folder can sometimes cause a corrupt catalog.
  • An image can be simultaneously flagged as both a Pick and Reject at the same time.
  • Using multiple colors within a single text cell within the Book Module can cause Lightroom to crash.
  • Unable to post photos to Flickr when the image filename contains an apostrophe.
  • The active Develop slider, the one controlled with + and – keys, defaults to Exposure when moving from one photo to another.
  • Catalogs from Photoshop Elements 11 would not update in Lightroom.
  • Site titles longer than 70 characters created in the Web Module can cause Lightroom to freeze.
  • Cell padding linking lost between sessions.
  • Deleting the top image in a stack causes the entire stack to disappear.
  • Tethered capture fails when turning camera off and back on. This also can occur if the camera goes to sleep and then wakes. This occurs only with Canon cameras and on Mac only.
  • Cropping an image to a small size sometimes causes the image in Develop to become blurry.
  • AVCHD video formats are not properly importing into Lightroom. Please note that this only occurred on Mac.
  • Enable Profile Corrections does not auto find iPhone 4 profile.
  • Crop doesn’t update in second monitor if navigator panel closed. Please note that this only occurred on Mac.
  • TIFF files can experience tonal shifts within Lightroom.
  • Mask overlay are displayed in filmstrip and navigator. They should only be displayed in the Develop Loupe.
  • Video files created on an iPhone 4 flickers when played in Lightroom.

New Camera Support in Lightroom 4.3:

15. Pentax K-5 II
  16. Pentax K-5 IIs
  17. Pentax Q10
  18. Sony DSC-RX1
  19. Sony NEX-VG30
  20. Sony NEX-VG900

* Please note that preliminary support was available in Lightroom 4.2.  This release adds full support for the Nikon D600.

New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 4.3:

Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony
Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony
Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony
Sony DSC-RX1 Sony

Download Links

WindowsMac

A big thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, posted entries in the U2U forums and blogged their issues so that we could improve the Lightroom 4 experience in this update. Thank you.

99 Responses to Lightroom 4.3 Now Available

1. Thomas says:

Thank you for the HiDPI update.

• henry Gaviria says:

Supuestamente debe reconocer mi NikonD600 para captura en linea pero no es así,aun no la reconoce,no se que pasa,gracias.

2. Bastian says:

Would be great if you fix the broken raw-handling. Raw-Files from my Canon 5D MKIII are not displayed proberly. There is a lot of oversaturation, coloorshifting etc. Lightroom becomes useless for me, because I have to do everything in Canons Digital Photo Professional or Phase One Capture Pro 7 which both work.

3. Has any work been done between 4.3RC and 4.3-release please? I’m using 4.3RC and wondered if there’d been any work done on the performance problems. Thanks.

• Joel, I don’t know if the difference is between 4.3 RC and 4.3 or between ACR 7.2 and 7.3 but I ” updated” both today and now I am having performance problems again. LR 4.3 RC with the previous ACR solved the serious problems I had with LR. Now I am back to having this problems again.

Good luck!

4. Egor says:

Thank you, Lightroom Team! for every update you make.
    Is there any chances to see Lightroom Touch (mobile) in the future?

5. Ken says:

Nikon D600, lightroom 4.3 still not recognizing camera when teathering.

6. Joel, I don’t know if the difference is between 4.3 RC and 4.3 or between ACR 7.2 and 7.3 but I ” updated” both today and now I am having performance problems again. LR 4.3 RC with the previous ACR solved the serious problems I had with LR. Now I am back to having this problems again.

Good luck!

7. Steve says:

Great to see that the Canon 6D is now supported…

8. Jon says:

It doesn’t seem to support the Nikon D600 for tethered capture. I supports my Nikon D7000 no problem; and it will import from my D600. But if I go to tethered capture, and my D600 is plugged in, it still says “No Camera Detected”.

9. Guy Edkins says:

Can we assume that eventually tethered support for the Nikon D600 will appear?

10. Why did you not inlude Leica Summicron-R 90mm f/2 as new lense profile?

I would like profiles also for:

Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/2.8 (Contax/Yashica)
    Zeiss Jena DDR Sonnar MC 135mm f/3.5
    Helios 44-2 58mm f/2

Thanks

11. Timo Schnitzlein says:

The LR updater file won’t run under Windows Vista. The file offered here for upload is defective, or incompatible with Windows Vista.

12. Marios Savva says:

I don’t understand how camera’s that are barely out get full support so quickly. I have a Sigma DP2 Merrill since August, almost 4 months now, and there is nothing yet. What is the hold-up?

13. Nick says:

I have just upgraded to 4.3 and I noticed that in Tone Curve adjustments I am missing the select RGB channel option, is it normal?

• Pete Green says:

Yes, in the tone curve panel, click the curved button in the lower right, that says “Click to edit Point Curve” — This will give you the RGB options

14. John says:

I downloaded and installed this in my iMac. After doing the install twice, it still says Version 4.2 NOT 4.3. Yet it claims the install was successful and it wrote files for about 2 minutes. What Gives???

15. John says:

Do I need to restart the computer? Will it finally use files I uploaded to my system via Picassa?

16. Markus Senn says:

dear all!
    great job, thanks for your continuing efforts! I am a Lightroom user since V 1.0.

NOW I ONLY WISH YOU MAKE A LINUX VERSION, as i will be shifting from mac to ubuntu.

have a great holiday season!
    Markus

17. Hi,
    Thanks for the update! I’m also curious as to any changes between 4.3RC and 4.3 proper. The performance issues are still there (8GB RAM, Q9550 core2quad w GTX465 1GB card). The more images you edit, the slower it gets, even if you force-save the XMP data :(

18. Tethered capture still fails when my 5D3 is switched off and then back on – just like 4.2

Currently the only way to work smoothly is with EOS Utility in this respect. Why does Adobe think they have fixed this?

LEE

19. Jeremy says:

I also would like to know about performance fixes in this update, if any.

Sluggish performance has been a persistent issue since the release of LR4.0, but it is seldom addressed as an issue at all in this blog?

20. Stephen Scharf says:

Also, please create a lens profile for the Fujinon XF 35mm/1.4 R lens.

Stephen.

21. I installed the 4.3 update on my rMBP and everything still looks pixelated… What am I missing? Do I have to do something special to enable the hiDPI mode?

22. Thanks for posting this one. I have plan to buy new canon model.

23. Filippo says:

Report a continuing issue: When you import pictures renaming then with a sequencial number, time of subsequent imports the beginning number is not automatically updated, leading to a potential risk of overwriting.

24. help!! When I attempt to run the download for the 4.3 update, it says “Invalid checksum”; this happens on both Chrome and Safari, with cookies and cache cleared. Have tried on different days thinking there might be a problem with the actual download.

Is this the best way to address this problem?

thank you..

25. Also: read that if I unchecked the disk utility “verify checksum” this would work; it does open but it winds up getting to the install and then fails saying “There were errors with the installation you may want to try it again” with a big yellow triangle with exclamation point. The installer encountered an error that caused teh installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I have exhausted my troubleshooting options…really want to know why this is failing.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Vin,

Sorry you had some trouble, What you’re describing does sound very much like a failed download.
      I’d even suggest trying the download again, or from another browser if you can.
      Let us know how that goes.

26. Russell McGuire says:

Canon 6D upload – Even with 4.3 still does not upload.
    Displays the raw files but when importing state sit can not upload any of them.
    Have been able to open in Bridge into PS6, bur prefer LR.

Any suggestions?

27. Ralph Crawford says:

Downloaded Lightroom 4.3 a few days ago. All went well until I tried to import photos from my 5DIII and 7D. 4.3 does not recognize files from either camera. Raw or jpeg.
    What’s wrong??
    It also seems to be a little slower than 4.2.
    Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

• Pete Green says:

How are you trying to import?
      What about importing from a card reader, do the images import that way?

28. Steve Bondhus says:

The D600 stil can’t shoot tethered with 4.3

29. J Musson says:

Do you think there will ever be 4/3 Panasonic lumix lens support?

30. vikash says:

Is this also available for creative cloud?????????????

31. Arved says:

The update script in LR 4.2 takes me to the LR 4.1 update download page. This is the second time this problem has happened to me. When LR 4.2 came out, the update download page took me to the LR 4.1 update download page. How about keeping the same page for updates, or adding a link to old pages for the most current version?

32. Rinus Meijers says:

The update exe-file from LR 4.3 doesn’t start. I downloaded this file several times and tried again.
    I have LR 4.2, Windows Vista with Pack2 and enough space. What can be the problem?

• Pete Green says:

Hi Rinus, see this document: helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-43-doesnt-install-windows.html

33. Ron Kaps says:

when will you do the nikon 70-200mm F4 ?

34. 4.3 crashes on startup, any solutions?
    mac os X 8.2

35. Ian Paterson says:

Lightroom 4.3 seems to display images in Loupe view a lot faster than 4.2 did (Windows 7 64 bit) – both preview size and full size.

36. I have been trying for a week to update to 4.3; it fails every time when it gets to verifying the package. I have downloaded many large files before without issue. Is there some other way to get a file that is not corrupt?

help is appreciated..

vin

37. regarding the constantly corrupt file: the file that is downloaded is 439.3 mb but the download page says 419 mb. Also am using osx mountain lion.

thanks

am a registered user I would like to know how I get actual help with this product.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Vin,
      Were you able to get the 4.3 downloaded successfully? It is possible it was our servers causing the trouble, have you had success since the 24th?
      Have you tried downloading with a different browser?

38. Any improvements regarding performance ?
    How all of us know tips and tricks for performance published by SLr Lunge they still are slow vs CS5.5 / CS6
    Any new engine supporting Mercury Graphics Engine, OpenGL, OpenCL or CUDA ??
    Thanks !

• Pete Green says:

We have added some performance fixes in LR 4.3, so be sure to grab that if you haven’t yet.
      If you still have performance questions, see this TechNote: helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/performance-hints.html

39. Renee says:

I have an Eizo external monitor connected to my MBP and use the external for editing. I have been doing so for a couple years now and with all versions of Lightroom (even 4.2), I have always been able to see the changes/edits real-time on the external monitors when adjusting something with one of the LR sliders. Ever since I installed the latest LR update (4.3)- I don’t see changes realtime. I have to wait until I let go of the mouse/slider to see the changes/adjustments. Anyone else having this issue? Is there something g I can do to fix?

40. Jeff says:

Hi,

I am having trouble exporting images after changes have been made in the Develop tab in 4.3. When I export, LR will only export the original image and not the processed image. This started randomly several weeks ago after about 3 month of not having any problems.

Anyone seen this and know how to fix? Did I inadvertently turn on some hidden option?

Thanks in advance,
    –Jeff

• Pete Green says:

How are you exporting Jeff?
      Is this on a MAc or Windows?
      Have you tried restarting the computer by chance?
      I’m not sure of an option within the Export dialog that you can select that makes LR export images without the LR adjustments applied to it.

41. Norbert75 says:

Is there any chance to have a better support for the Fuji XPro-1 Raw files ? The demoisaicing alogorithm in LR (and ARC) gives poor results, all my workflow is on Lightroom (and I hate Silkypix !)…

Thanks

• Mikael says:

+1 to this. The Lightroom + X-trans sensor yields terrible results. I’ve switched to another raw converter that looks good with my X-Pro1.

42. Kirill says:

It’s a pity that Lightroom has gote noticeably slower with version 4. With each update I am hoping for some performance increase, but in vain till now. As a wedding photographer I have to process thousands of photos and every performance slowdown means tremendeous increase in work time.

43. Martin says:

I love Lightroom from the beginning … but i don´t understand why i´ve to tag thousands of pictures with the names of my friends and famaly manually instead of the automatic tagging, which is used in phtoshop express. Is there any plan to include it in a future release ?

44. Jane says:

Hello. Will there soon be better support for the Fuji XPro 1 RAW files?

45. John Kerr says:

This program is extremely difficult to use. Try to download selected photos from an SD card and the program often does not let you select photos and downloads the whole card. In addition it will download it into the last file you used. The program itself is not in the least bit ‘inuitive’. For what it cost and for what it offers it is a real disappointment. Had I not paid a good amount for the program I would wipe it from my hard drivre and try another program that actually works. It is too slow and does too little for what Adobe charges for it.

46. ken says:

Can Lightroom 4.3 be run on a Pentium Dual Core Processor

47. MMaione says:

I am relatively new to LR as I have solely used PSElements. I have other photographer friends that had really good experiences with what they can do with it, but failed to tell me about the SLOWNESS! I really wish I had looked at the forums before purchasing LR4. Because I am new to it, it already takes a decent amount of time to develop, but add the lag and its unbareable!!! This was supposed to make my workflow faster! It makes it almost torture. My elements works seemlessly. I am going to try the update to see what that does, but I am not going to hold my breath. I am just hoping I am in the 30 days to get the refund. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

48. Guido Bianchi says:

About the Book module: Page layout. Is there any plan to improve them? i.e. simple picture border, like in the print module. thanks

49. C says:

I am looking to purchase Lightroom 4.3 in CD form and cannot find a source.
    Is it available in CD form? If so who offers it?

50. Kyle says:

Every time I attempt to use the adjustment brush tool Lightroom crashes. I use the brush tool often and cannot edit many photos without it, how can I fix this problem?

51. Nicole says:

upgraded to 4.3 and still can not tether my Canon 5D Mark iii. It tethers fine through the supplied Canon software but not Lighroom. It recognizes that there is a camera attached but won’t download files or let me operate the camera from Lightroom.

52. I have not been successful downloading and installing the 4.3 update until now. I tried downloading in IE9 and Firefox, disable AV software, ran as Administrator, ran in Administrator account on a Win7 machine. Tried on another Win7 Machine and on a WinXP machine. Never works. Oh, and I did try from a different location with diff external IP. Nothing!

Then, on a guess, I went to http://ftp.adobe.com using IE9. Downloaded the 4.3 update from there and voila, all works great. Note that the FTP site file is a different size than the file you get when you download using the browser from the Adobe Web site.

I spent a lot of time on Adobe Forums and other Forums and Adobe keeps blaming everyone but themselves for these problems. It is their setup, not yours that is causing the problems. They should fix it and they should apologise for the problems instead of blaming Firefox, IE9, Security Settings and Rights, and all the AV programs out there.

53. I’ve tried downloading this 4.3 update multiple times in multiple browsers on multiple computers and get the same results: A corrupted file that will not unpack and install.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

54. Nickolas Haramis says:

After downloading 4.3 upgrade Lightroom will not start on my Windows 7 64 bit system.
    What do I do now?

55. Great to see continued support for Lightroom from Adobe, but please, please, please add support for Fuji RAF for the X-Pro1 and X-E1 X-Trans sensor. We need this desparetly.
    Also, please create a lens profile for the Fujinon XF 35mm/1.4 R lens.

56. Alfonso says:

Hello, I realize tethered capabilities for the d600 is not there yet but how much longer must we wait? Any ideas on how soon or long we should expect to wait??

Thanks in advance!!

57. the program goes incredibly faster if you convert to dng…i simply copy files and then convert them in a batch during the night….really, really faster…
    I’m a wedding photographer too :)
    Hi!

58. Bryan Knysh says:

There is a Catalog compatibility issue between version 4.3 and version 4.2. I updated my home Lightroom to version 4.3. Everything seemed to work fine, including the ability to create Virtual Copies of a photo. Later I tried to open my Catalog on a school computer still running version 4.2. I could no longer create Virtual Copies of photos. I would get a message saying that the Virtual Copy was created, but it wouldn’t show up in my Catalog. When we upgraded the other school computer to version 4.3, creating Virtual Copies started working properly. Hopefully, I haven’t corrupted my Catalog using a version 4.3 Catalog on Lightroom 4.2. I’m not sure what other incompatibilities moving back and forth between 4.2 and 4.3 may cause.

59. Su Tran says:

It seems to have a problem when I try to use the tethered capture with Nikon D 600.

60. This new version of Lightroom 4.3 is much slower when processing previews than any other version. To render a standard preview from a Canon 5D MK2 raw file takes 15-20 seconds. In the past it took only 3-5 seconds. This is a big slowdown in production. On a small job of 2500 images, this now takes over 10 hours to produce standard previews. My MacPro has 48GB of ram, 12 cores 2.66GHZ.

61. Barbara Miller says:

Yes, I really want to use the superior Develop engines in Lr4 and I have owned a copy for some time now; but I scout locations and have to process around 300 photos each evening. I am already hearing complaints about not getting photos posted fast enough, though they love the quality, so I still have not dared to install Lr4. Since it seems that you, Kirill and others, are still complaining about the speed. For this reason, I wish that I could have both Lr3 and 4 on my machine simultaneously. I know this would not be ideal for catalogue issues,
    so I just keep waiting for a speed bump. Seems like you are saying that the speed bump is already here, Pete. How do others feel?
    And Kirill, where is the performance boost most needed (import, previews, or develop)?
    Thanks

62. Diane says:

Normally, LR4.3 works fine, but crashes when I’m in the Develop module trying to edit two images that were taken with a Sigma 150-500mm lens.(Luckily, the lens was only borrowed for those two shots) It happens when I’m trying to lighten up the shadows. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

63. Dan2013 says:

I have updated to 4.3 but still not able to tether to my Nikon D600. Is there a special setting of something I’m missing, I can tether my D800, D7000 and D4 but not the D600. I’m using a Macbook Pro lastest verison of the operating system also.
    Please advise and thanks

64. Suzie says:

I just purchased LR4. Do I need to install all the upgrades or just 4.3? Thanks!

65. Nathan says:

I am getting this issue ” The Folder Could not be Found” every time I process the images

66. norbert says:

SONY RX100
    Halli Hallo
    Is there a upgrate for my Sony coming too ???
    Please