Camera Raw 7.4 is now available as a final release through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6. The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Camera Raw. Customers of previous versions of Photoshop can utilize DNG Converter 7.4 for raw file support for newly added cameras.
Changes to Existing Camera Support:
Camera Raw 7.4 includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor. This specifically impacts the following cameras:
- Fujifilm X-Pro1 (*)
- Fujifilm X-E1 (*)
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm X20
(*) Based on user feedback, the default sharpening amount applied to Fujifilm X-Pro1 and Fujifilm X-E1 raw files has been increased between Camera Raw 7.4 Release Candidate and the final Camera Raw 7.4 release.
Camera Raw 7.4 includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the EXR sensor. This correction applies only to raw images captured using the “EXR HR” mode with the following cameras:
- Fujifilm X10
- Fujifilm XF1
- Fujifilm X-S1
- Fujifilm S200EXR
- Fujifilm HS20EXR
- Fujifilm HS30EXR
- Fujifilm F550EXR
- Fujifilm F600EXR
- Fujifilm F770EXR
- Fujifilm F800EXR
Adjusted Nikon default white balance for the following camera models:
- Fix default aspect ratio support for Fujifilm X-E1 raw files.
Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 7.4:
The following bugs that were part the Camera Raw 7 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Camera Raw 7 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Improve interactive performance at intermediate zoom levels (e.g., 33% and 66%).
- Remove strong color cast when converting images to grayscale.
- Rendering of floating-point HDR images with unexpected embedded ICC profiles (non-linear gamma).
- Ensure that local adjustments are synced properly when copying & pasting settings in Bridge.
- Prevent point curve adjustments from disappearing off the top and bottom when using the arrow keys to adjust curve points.
- Square tile artifacts while painting with local adjustment brush.
- Grid overlay artifacts in Lens Correction panel when adjusting crop rectangle.
- Shortcut (control-click, right-click) to adjust local adjustment brush size and feather size.
- Local adjustment redrawing incorrectly after selecting a pin.
- Redraw error with the noise reduction option-drag visualization.
- Redraw error when local adjustment mouse over rollover mask, etc.
- Crash when adding a custom input/output values in per-channel RGB point curves.
- Color casts when using the Camera Calibration saturation sliders.
- Line artifacts when processing floating-point images with a rotated crop.
- Crash when using the local adjustment brush. This only occurs on images with a large number of local adjustments and on a system with limited RAM.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 7.4:
- Canon EOS 1D C
- Canon EOS 100D (Digital Rebel SL1 / EOS Kiss Digital X7)
- Canon EOS 700D (Digital Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss Digital X7i)
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR700
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR710
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR750
- Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix SL1000
- Fujifilm X100s
- Fujifilm X20
- Hasselblad H5D-40
- Hasselblad H5D-50
- Hasselblad Lunar
- LEICA M (Typ 240)
- Nikon 1 J3
- Nikon 1 S1
- Nikon D7100
- Nikon Coolpix A
- Nikon Coolpix P330 (**)
- Olympus XZ-10
- Pentax MX-1
- Samsung NX300
- Sony Alpha NEX-3N
- Sony Alpha SLT-A58
** denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 7.4:
|Lens Name||Lens Mount|
|Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM||Canon|
|Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM||Canon|
|SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013||Canon|
|SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012||Canon|
|Nikon 1 NIKKOR 18.5mm f/1.8||Nikon|
|Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR||Nikon|
|SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012||Nikon|
|TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A009N||Nikon|
|TAMRON SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD||Nikon|
|SIGMA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM||Pentax|
|SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013||Sigma|
|SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012||Sigma|
|SIGMA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM||Sony|
|SIGMA APO MACRO 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||Sony|
|Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS||Sony|
|TAMRON SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di USD A007S||Sony|
Camera Raw 7.4 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6