Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Many software issues are resolved by simply updating to the latest version, below are resources to help you keep Lightroom up to date.

Table of Contents:

Looking for info on older versions of Lightroom? See: Legacy version updates.

19 Responses to Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

1. Wilfried Klein says:

Hello, I have installed the update version of Lr 5, but now I am missing the tone curve tab in the development module. How can I get this tab back?
    And how get I all my fotos from Lr4 in Lr5?

with kind regards

Wilfried Klein

2. Greer Leo-Smith says:

Can I upgrade from Lightroom 4.4 to Lightroom 5 or do I have to purchase Lightroom 5?

• Pete Green says:

Hi Greer,

Yup, you can upgrade from LR 4.4 to LR 5, but you’ll want to purchase the upgrade.

Regards

3. Ed Costa says:

Can Go from lightroom 3.6 to Lightroom 5

4. Fra says:

Hi,
    I have just bought a Nikon D7100 but my Lightroom 3 does not support its raw files.
    Any chance that an updated version will be released soon?
    thank you!

• Sharad Mangalick says:

Please download and use the DNG Converter to get support for the Nikon D7100 in Lightroom 3.

5. Thomas Cristello says:

I currently have LR 4.4 on my Windows 7 machine. When I go to Check for Updates, it says that my software is up to date, no updates available at this time. How to I update to 5.2?

6. Nick Andriash says:

Just upgraded to Lightroom 5 from version 4, but version 4 is still on my Computer. Is it safe to delete the older version?

• Pete Green says:

Hi Nick,

Yup, as soon as LR 5 is up and running and working for you, go ahead and uninstall LR4.

7. Per Skjoldborg says:

I have version 2.7 running on an older laptop with windows vista (32 bit), but now want to move to a stationary PC running windows 7 (64 bit).

Can I install my 2.7 version on win. 7 and upgrade to LR version 5 64 bit.
    I gues I shall use the upgrade product model 65215225 ?

• Pete Green says:

Hi Per,

You can upgrade from LR2.7 to LR5, and on the new computer don’t need to install LR 2.7 before installing LR5.

Regards

8. William Emmett says:

I loaded Lightroom 5 on my Windows 8 laptop, tested it and used it successfully. My laptop updated itself to Windows 8.1. I took the laptop to a photo shoot, and could not find Lightroom on my machine. I could only find one readme, and a empty labeled “adobe_Lightroom. ” I tried to run my disk, and the laptop said the setup file could not be found, on the C: drive, nor on the D: drive with the CD installed. This severe problem caused me to loose my contracted shoot with a car dealer.

• Pete Green says:

Was there any rollback that happened during the OS update William?

Sorry for the trouble and lost business, we don’t do any sorts of auto-uninstall during OS updates. Something must have either rolled back if the software was completely gone from your system.

Hope you’ve been able to sort it by now. Let us know how we can help.
      Regards

9. Roland Penttila says:

I already own Lightroom 5 and have updated to LR 5.4. Is the LR CC version different? If not, what is the advantage of owning LR CC?

• There is no Lightroom ‘CC’ – Lightroom 5.x is part of the Photoshop Photography Program – which includes Photoshop CC, Lightroom and Lightroom mobile. The advantage of owning the Photoshop Photography Program is you get Lightroom mobile, Photoshop CC, Lightroom, and all the updates and upgrades as part of your membership – in addition to 20 GB of sync share storage (Lightroom mobile doesn’t count against this separate storage) and Behance Prosite.

10. Lizzie1616 says:

I am a CC Member
    In Lightroom, I click Help/Check for updates and I get a message saying that my software is up to date and no updates are needed at this time. However, system info indicates that I am running Lightroom Version 4.4 on my Mac. If I am a CC Member, I thought I would always be able to upgrade to the most current version. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks!