Many software issues are resolved by simply updating to the latest version, below are resources to help you keep Lightroom up to date.
For a localized, translated version of this document, see: Lightroom Help / Keeping Lightroom up-to-date
Table of Contents:
- What is the most current version?
- How do I check for and install the most current updates?
- How do I verify which version of Lightroom I have?
- What if the computer that Lightroom is on is not connected to the internet?
- How do I verify Photoshop and Camera Raw are up to date?
- Lightroom troubleshooting to fix most issues
What is the most current version?
Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6
- The most current version of Lightroom CC is 2015.8 & Lightroom 6 is 6.8
- The most current version of Lightroom 5 is 5.7.1
- The most current version of Lightroom 4 is 4.4.
- The most current version of Lightroom 3 is 3.6.
How do I check for and install the most current updates?
Launch the Creative Cloud app from your Applications (Mac) or Programs (Win) folder if it’s not already open.
Click on the Creative Cloud icon in the top menu (Mac) or the system tray in the lower left (Win) to open the Creative Cloud window. Click on Apps to display available updates:
Note: If you encounter errors or problems updating see: Troubleshoot Updates Errors
Lightroom 5 or earlier (this will also work for Lightroom CC):
Choose Help>Check for Updates…:
How do I verify which version of Lightroom I have?
To verify you have the latest version of Lightroom:
Lightroom 2015.8 & 6.8
- Choose Help > System Info…
Lightroom 5.7.1 and older
- Mac: Choose Lightroom > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Win: Choose Help > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
What if the computer that Lightroom is on is not connected to the internet?
You’ll need to find a computer that is connected to the internet, and download the update to an external drive or media that you can move to the computer that’s not connected. (Note: You can install the product and updates offline, but you will need to have momentary internet access to sign-in and activate your software)
- Mac & Win: Lightroom CC 2015.8/6.8
For perpetual license customers, download here:
All updates/All versions:
** Important direct download instructions (only required for links that are followed by ** See important download instructions below) To avoid the error “Access Denied: You don’t have permission to access “http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/…” on this server” follow the instructions below:
- Temporarily turn off firewalls, website/cookie blocking, or antivirus software.
- Visit this page then sign in with your Adobe ID (if asked) before clicking any of the download links above.
- Close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
- Download an installer – click or right-click on the desired link above and choose “Save Link As…” from the popup menu – and save all files to the same place (e.g. your Desktop).
For help installing after downloading the files complete , see this document: Start the installer after downloading.
How do I verify Photoshop and Camera Raw are up to date
If you use Photoshop and Camera Raw together with Lightroom, head over to Jeffrey Tranberry’s article for instructions on how to verify that Photoshop and Camera Raw are up to date.