Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.

Today, we also released versions of Lr for iOS and Android that provide updated camera support.    Check them out here.

A few clarifications for this release:

What happened to Lightroom CC 2015.11/6.11?

Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw releases are tightly coupled as both products share the Camera Raw imaging technology.  As a product team, we decided to skip Camera Raw version 9.11 and instead use 9.12 due to the unfortunate events that occurred on that day. In keeping our version naming consistent, Lightroom is releasing CC 2015.12 / 6.12.

Will performance enhancements that I requested via the survey here be in this release?

Lightroom CC 2015.12 / 6.12 does not include performance improvements based on your survey responses.  We appreciate your candid feedback on Lightroom performance, and are working on several projects to address your concerns.

New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.12/6.12

• Canon EOS 6D Mark II
  • Canon EOS 200D(EOS Kiss X9, EOS Rebel SL2)
  • Leica TL2

Sony A TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F012S
Sony A TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F013S
Sony A TAMRON SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD F017S
Sony FE Sony FE 12-24mm F4 G
Sony FE Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
Sony FE Venus Optics Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero-D

This release adds new color matching camera profiles for the following

• Nikon 1 V3: 5 Color profiles + Monochrome + Green, Orange, Red, Yellow Monochrome filter effects
  • Nikon D3400: Green, Orange, Red, Yellow filter Monochrome filter effects
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7: Color and Monochrome profiles
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G8: Color and Monochrome profiles
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX8: Color and Monochrome profiles
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX85: Color and Monochrome profiles

Customer reported issues resolved

An update on GPU Issues

Customers may still be experiencing crashing with earlier versions of AMD GPU drivers.  Please update to the AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 to resolve this issue.

Installation Instructions

Please select Help > Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app.

Give us feedback

Once you’ve updated to the latest version of Lightroom, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences.

Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback:

Report bugs and suggest features

Discuss workflow and get help with how-to questions or basic troubleshooting

Thanks for your feedback and continued support!

61 Responses to Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

1. Cardinal says:

Does the color matching profile also affect the Nikon D600?

2. Marc says:

Come on, how many dot releases do you want to release for the 2015 version? At the moment the CC subscribtion feels very lazy: The last small feature update (the thing why you sold us the subscription plans) was released back in December 2016. Currently I paid 2x (or even more) the full version would have cost me. I always though the next big release would be arround the corner by now but reading the last post regarding performance rsads like the next major version is still a construction site?

It would be really nice if you would share a roadmap

• Harald Löffler says:

Couldn’t agree more!

• I completely agree. This is why many would wait two versions to “upgrade” as there wasn’t enough value to pay for the latest version. But now they have us so they can sit on their butts and give us chicken feed updates. Come on adobe!

• David Fibingr says:

Couldn’t agree more. Soon I will be canceling the Photography subscription and just purchase the stand alone outright since there are no updates.

• Kai Hüttemann says:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve subscribed soon after Lightroom CC was released and when dehaze was added I thought it was the right decision. In the following months Lightroom got just two other small additions – a stitching enhancement and a new side by side view. That’s not much especially if you compare it to other CC applications like Photoshop. None of these additions justify a subscription for Lightroom only. I’m glad PhotoShop is included as well.

• diana says:

i think adobe is waiting for a new update when they fix the performance issues…at the speed this is going it could be several years before a new major update…it might be named (if i may speculate) Lightroom CC 2019 or even cc 2020…

3. Assaf Frank says:

The best part of this release is this statement.
    Lightroom CC 2015.12 / 6.12 does not include performance improvements based on your survey responses. We appreciate your candid feedback on Lightroom performance, and are working on several projects to address your concerns.

‘Several projects’ !!! at last a new version of lightroom with redesigned ultra fast code that properly utilise high end CPUs and GPU, just like Capture One. So we don’t need to restart every 5 minutes.

a light in the end of the tunnel. maybe…

4. Samuel says:

Thanks for adressing the AMD GPU issues. hope that solves it! and that annoying “map offline””
    Thanks!

5. Jens Vestweber says:

Hello Priya,
    I am using the purchase version of Photoshop-Lightroom 6.0. Unfortunately, I can not install Update 6.12 because the Adobe Application Manager (version 9) reports that I am up to date.

6. Brandon says:

Sigma 24-70 ART profile!

7. Does this latest version add tethered capturel for the Nikon D7500, I can’t seem to get Lightroom to see the camera (Windows 10 does)? I know the system as a whole works because I can tether both my D750 and D7200.

8. Shawn Young says:

I agree about the needed performance improvements. I recently upgraded from LR 2.0 from LR 6.0, version 2.0 was sooooo much faster and smoother, especially in the Develop module. If it weren’t for the lack of support for one of the old LR develop module frameworks under MacOS Sierra I would still be using LR 2.0. Just being honest here. I was on the original beta team for LR 1.0 and I have to admit I am so disappointed with how laggy and jumpy LR is now and I even have new iMac. I am however very glad the Maps offline issue has been addressed 😉

9. nldazuu says:

Is also the camera raw issue resolved when opening a file from Lightroom to Photoshop?

10. Jimcamel says:

The keeping Lightroom UpToDate pages do not show 2015.12 – they are still stuck on 2015.10. Please update so I can download this just once and update my Macs.

7:24pm Toronto time, July 19

11. K.K. HO says:

I cannot update my standalone version of Lr 6.10 to 6.12.
    Am I eligible for upgrade?

12. Jimcamel says:

I have already responded to the performance survey … but I feel it is worth emphasizing this point here….performance and efficient workflow is NOT just how fast the Develop sliders move or lag; nor is it just about IMPORT or EXPORT multi tasking – and those things are both lacking and important too. But here is another point with regard to the relationship between LR Mobile and the Desktop … if you have a fast Internet connect, this stuff is great. I do have this in Florida for a couple of months a year and the speed of exchange between a LR Photo taken on my iPhone and the Desktop and my iPad PRO, where I can now edit with my Apple Pencil, is impressive – but this is not the only scenario in which a lot of us interact – when we travel, when we are off base or if we are in a place with low speed internet all these new features are useless. For example, just this weekend I shot some 302 images at Mass MOCA on my Olympus EM-1 Mk II, a 20mp camera. Amounting to some 8GB, I would love to edit this while flying to Vancouver this weekend … Imagine I could upload it to my iPad PRO, use my Pencil and work a lot of those images on the flight. Sadly, I can’t. I have low speed Internet here and by my calculation the 8GB will have uploaded to Adobe and back down to my iPad sometime on Tuesday of next week. I’ll be back home by then. Can we please address the issue of being able to use local WiFi to route this – like DropBox can do, or via a Lightning Cable. Yes ! I appreciate Adobe wants the subscription to enable this, and I have it and am paying for it … and sometimes being able to have it on their servers helps – but when you are LOCAL you need LOCAL paths to work. So please provide a mechanism to provide local sharing between my local DeskTop, iPhone and iPad without the need to route through your servers before getting going !

13. If you adopted Sidecar files for all the pictures in a library, you could also keep the whole catalog network friendly.
    It might even help speed up well, basically everything. You would no longer have to worry about the synchronising issues, or backing up the catalog.

14. Tuan Nguyen says:

1. I have got Creative Cloud 4.11.202
    2. When I check for updates, it tells me that my Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ] is up to date
    3. How do I update to Lightroom CC 2015.12 please????

15. amir says:

The update is not working for me. I need a direct download link for the update. Is there one?

16. Bob Sundahl says:

I have LR 6.1 and want to update. I continue to be offered LR CC. How do I find an update for LR 6.1

17. Bob Sundahl says:

Correction: How do I find an update for LR 6.1

18. Ben says:

Still no support for the good Fuji X series? who’s paying to keep that one off the table? 🙁

19. I cannot seem to be able to update. Is it by region (I live in Canada)? When opening the Creative Cloud app there are only update for Acrobat DC (that I did not even subscribe to). No updates for any other Adobe product.

When opening Lightroom, the ‘updates’ menu is grayed out.

20. Odd-Geir Berge says:

Same problem – can’t find the update
    – Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]
    License: Creative Cloud
    Operating system: Mac OS 10
    Version: 10.12 [5]

21. Ulrich Hadrian says:

I using samsung NX300 with 1:3.5-5.6 16-50mm POWER ZOOM ED OIS.
    Installt is Ligthroom 6.12. The automatc lenscorrection dosend know this lens. It always appears Samsung 18-55 f/305-5.6 OIS. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to set something?
    Can someone help me?

22. tricia parry says:

my update has not come through yet but camera raw did

any help

23. Trevor says:

CC Subscriber here. I too am not seeing the update in the Creative Cloud app. And yes, I did download the standalone patch (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html) and it gave an error: “Update Failed”.

Due to this, my machine has no way of updating to the new version of LR…

The CC app shows version 4.1.1.202, and registers as the latest version.

24. Aleksander says:

Please add Garmin Virb Ultra 30 profile!

25. Jeremy says:

Same issue as several others: I am unable to update from 6.10.1 to 6.12 for the past week since release.

So far I have tried checking for the update from within Lightroom and Adobe Application Manager, but both say the product is up to date. I then tried to directly download the 6.12 patch installer that has been linked here. Opening the patch installer results in the “Update failed” message as stated by Motti and Trevor above. The concerning part is that the message also says the update is “not applicable” to my product, which makes me wonder if there is a problem with authentication or even if they may be trying to cut off updates to perpetual license users.

If anyone has successfully updated, please let us know the process you used. Adobe customer support is unable and unwilling to help with this, so we seem to be on our own.

26. Ben says:

WAKE UP ADOBE! Your program is mind bogglingly slow. I am on a top of the line mac and blazing internet and it’s slow. More and more you see people leaving. Time to blow us all out of the water. We have waited long enough and paid for long enough.

27. Peter says:

Trying to Merge to HDR in Photoshop and nothing happens. Before CC 2015.12 it opened PS automatically.
    I very frequently merge 7 bracketed images using this process – how should I work now?
    All my CC application are 100% up to date.
    I just had the annual subscription taking out of my credit card. Very very disappointed.
    If I don’t see a working “2017” version very soon – offering speed and capability that your competitors offer I will have to ask for a full refund!

28. Peter says:

In addition after updating my iMac to CC 2015.12 random images (I have not found a pattern yet) are giving the message “Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. etc” These same images imported to LR running on my Macbook and previous version open with no issue!
    Very frustrating – do you have any QC before you release!

29. Kiernan says:

When trying to install the update I was constantly getting an error saying failed to download. After a long while I have now gotten the update to install but is saying that the raw files from my 6D MkII are not supported by Lightroom….? Wasn’t this update meant to add support for this camera?

Please fix this. I have just spent big dollars on this camera and I am unable to process any of my raw shots.

• Rikk Flohr says:

Please go to Help>System Info… and verify that you have installed and launched Lightroom 6.12 or CC2015.12. Support for the Canon 6D Mark II was added in this version.
      If you are using the correct version can you share a screen grab of the error message you are receiving?

30. Doc says:

I had a lot of trouble installing this Lightroom update on my work PC. The update just wouldn’t install without error, even after completely uninstalling all of Adobe CC.
    I found the solution on the forums here:

31. narajasmil says:

Sigo sin tener respuesta los colores del arcoíris no se pueden componer

32. Vasu Dev says:

I tried to cancel my subscription as per your Sheena advice but not found the same in website.pls provide some mail id to send directly a mail for cancellation of subscription.

33. Matthew says:

With the update, I am still having issues with crashes when I try to use any of my presents

34. Sophie Chapuis says:

Créative cloud ne me propose pas la mise à jour ! je suis toujours en Lightroom CC 2015.10.1
    Que ce soit par creative cloud ou par LR j’ai toujours l’info “à jour” !

35. Zoe says:

Lightroom CC 2015.5 or Lightroom 6.5 displays the error Lightroom encountered user permission issues on launch. What is going on with this? I have to change the user permissions on hundreds of files to use Lightroom – you must be kidding!!!

• Rikk Flohr says:

We recommend you update to CC2015.12/6/12.

Permission issues typically exist at the driver or folder level. It should not be necessary to modify permissions on the file level.

36. Piotr Król says:

Anyone have issue, inactive update button in lightroom ? iam using original license, and stucked on 6.10.1 version, cant update, tried clead 6.0 instalation and now iam stucked in 6 version ? is it joke ? cant open files from my fuji camera, anyone have problem like mine ? how to fix it ?

• Sophie Chapuis says:

Same problem – can’t find the update
      – Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]
      License: Creative Cloud

37. Bojun says:

After the update, my import screen sets the default import location to My Catalog and I can’t change it! Please fix this! I can’t import any photos now!

38. KK says:

Lr 6.12 cannot recognized the GPS tag of the mp4 movie captured using the Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

39. KK HO says:

Continuing the previous post for Sony Xperia XZ Premium, the capture time for its mp4 movie is also incorrect.