Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 now available

We understand we sent perpetual customers down a path of subscribing to a trial version of the new Lightroom Classic CC last week, replacing already installed versions of Lightroom 6.

The good news is we fixed this issue and wanted to get a quick release out to immediately address your concerns.  Now once you click on the “Update” button next to Lightroom Classic CC, you will see under the Advanced Options, the “Remove old versions” is unchecked by default.  As a result, you can try out Lightroom Classic CC for the trial period and still keep Lightroom 6 running in tandem on your desktop.

We sincerely apologize for not providing a better user experience for our perpetual customers to try out Lightroom Classic CC while still keeping Lightroom 6 in place.  This was a mistake on our end.  Please let us know if you are experiencing any additional issues with this process moving forward.

New default option for perpetual customers interested in trialing Lightroom Classic CC:

A few clarifications for this release:

What is the difference between Lightroom Classic CC 7.0 vs. Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1?

The difference is the fix mentioned above, which only impacts perpetual customers, and the customer issue below, which impacts both perpetual and monthly subscribers.  If any customer is experiencing crashes in High Sierra upon import from external devices (SD cards/iPhone, etc.), we recommend you upgrade to 7.0.1.  Regardless, it’s best to stay up to date with the latest version of Lightroom Classic, and it’s free to do so as a paid, monthly subscriber.

How can I download Lightroom 6 if it’s already been removed in the process of downloading Lightroom CC Classic before this release?

Please follow the steps referenced under “Reinstall Lightroom 6.

What happens if I attempt to update all apps that I am subscribed to?

Please click here to see which preferences are stored by default when updating apps.

Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback:

Report bugs and suggest features

Discuss workflow and get help with how-to questions or basic troubleshooting

Customer reported issues resolved:

High Sierra crash upon import from external devices (SD cards/iPhone, etc.)

Thanks!

37 Responses to Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 now available

1. Russ Miller says:

Make lightroom 7 perpetual.
    Checking out On1 now. Great options and effects. Will have to make the switch if LR becomes an annuity. Great program, but don’t want Photoshop-just LR.

• Alan S says:

I must agree. Not everyone shoots enough to justify a monthly fee. The program (CC) makes sense for pros and heavy duty shooters, but it makes no sense to pay a monthly fee when the programs will often sit unused. Adobe is abandoning all the casual and seasonal shooters out here. I have used Adobe Lightroom since version 2. I will use 6 until it is no longer undated and then reluctantly look for alternatives.

• KC Honie says:

I let my cc photography subscription expire, bought a copy of LR6 to support my legacy photos and I am actively trialling C1P and ON 1 and will try Luminar when it ships.

I am happy with both apps I am trialling, the transition away from adobe is relatively painless. Plus Affinity Photos has done a great job of replacing photoshop.

I am not sure how Adobe can be this tone deaf!!!

• Abandon Lightroom says:

On1 is cartoon software. Try macphun.

This Lightroom situation is for the birds.
      I’m getting the hell out of this train wreck

2. Don Temple says:

Tried to download new Lightroom classic and got the following error: Exit Code: 146
    ————————————– Summary ————————————–
    – 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command ‘MoveFileCommand’ for package: ‘AdobeLightroom-mul’, version:7.0.1.1142117
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.1.1142117). Error code: ‘146’
    WARN: Unable to move file at “C:\adobeTemp\ETRFA34.tmp\1\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\CRLogTransport.exe” to “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\CRLogTransport.exe” Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.
    I uninstalled Lightroom and tried to reinstall and got the same error. I’m dead in the water.

• Guido Werner says:

I have the same problem. The old version is deinstalled and I can not install the new version. So I am locked out from using Lightroom CC classic. How can this be fixed?

• Katie says:

me too!! I am FURIOUS!

• Mark Naden says:

Me too, similar problem.
      Exit Code: 146
      ————————————– Summary ————————————–
      – 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

WARN: Unable to move file at “C:\adobeTemp\ETR3892.tmp\1\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Adobe Lightroom CEF Helper.exe” to “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Adobe Lightroom CEF Helper.exe” Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

I tried changing the permissions on the file it refers to but it says I don’t have permission.

• Shrutika Maheshwari says:

Hi Don/Mark,
        Please restart your machine and then try installing again.
        This should resolve the issue.
        let us know if this helps.

• Noel says:

I have the same issue trying to upgrade Lightroom Classic – mighty annoying since the failed process leaves me with no Lightroom Classic at all.
          Re-booting hasn’t worked for me. Trying to manually change the name of the file doesn’t work either (I have admin privileges).

What is the solution Adobe?

3. Tretz says:

adobe = morons….

4. Alex V says:

Learn to do upgrades properly, guys! I still haven’t forgiven you for the Lightroom “update gate” about two years ago, when you released a version that you knew was not working correctly – AND you had the guts to charge the full monthly payment. Get your act together!

5. Martin Kup says:

Hi, why do you suggest two different sites for reporting bugs? At this post you direct customers to https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom, but when I sign in into my account at accounts.adobe.com, only recommended website for reporting a bug/request a support is forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/lightroom-classic-cc

Please improve your customer service and provide ONE system for bug reports… thank you.

6. Paige Miller says:

As far as I know, forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/lightroom-classic-cc has never been the place to report bugs, it has been a site for technical support from other Lightroom users. Where do you see this as the place to report bugs?

7. Avi says:

My Lightroom is crashing on import. All I’m doing is importing from my main hard drive as always.

• Josh Evans says:

Mine is doing the same thing! ITS SO FRUSTRATING! I have to force quit the app and re open it. I work with customers FREQUENTLY and am having to spend time re loading this program for it to reload the imports because it just freezes when I load them from my hard drive! UGH! Takes up WAY too much time and is SO AGGRAVATING. Im about to lose my mind over it!

8. Robert Jenkins says:

Hi, I have chatted with 2 reps from Adobe reporting that the Develop Module has been deactivated, and to sign out (from the Help menu) sign in again and provide the Serial Number of my LR Classic. THIS DOESN’T WORK! Please help me resolve this issue!

9. Alan says:

Perhaps you could now fix the similar flaw with Acrobat? I’ve got the X perpetual version installed but the CC app keeps losing as an ‘update’ Acrobat CC! I only subscribe to the Photography Plan and have no interest in Acrobat CC. My other CS5 apps don’t exhibit this behaviour (they’re correctly listed as ‘try’ and don’t appear in the update section), so it’d be great if you’d bit could be sorted too. I have previously filed it as a bug on a number of occasions.

10. Matt says:

“it’s free to do so as a paid, monthly subscriber”
    Um, OK.

11. Hans says:

You have 3 different versions of Lightroom in MY APPS & SERVICES.

Way to go Adobe for making even the app name to be confusing. You suck.

12. guy says:

Lightroom 7.0.1 crashes when moving to the development screen.
    Please advise.

13. I’ve been a very old customer of ADOBE, since the beginning i had version 1.01 of Photoshop for Macintosh…
    Working with Adobe Lightroom since the beginning of it…
    I’m Furious !!!!! In My catalog almost 100000 Photos for about 20 years of professional photography doesn’t find back the original files Quite each time you make a new release something goes wrong !!!! I did a brand new catalog quite every two years because of the bad work you’re doing with very big catalogs. I’m Disappointed and disgusted !!!! This time again i have to build a whole new catalog and do it all over again. We are supposed gaining time on a computer, not losing it.
    I always thought your rental system sucks but now it’s official it really sucks !
    Gonna change for On 1 Raw. Sure it’s different, but maybe they won’t build such a crap !!!!

14. Howard H says:

My update to CC Classic went badly. The resulting catalog dropped several folders added a new catalog which did not include some of my presets, deleted my logon and sync information. To me it was a complete fiasco.
    Is there any way to recover all of those folders with their images and work flow? They do not seem to be anywhere in the LR folder structure.
    I do have a backup of my LR files and folders in backup with it’s related catalog. Should I simply do a complete uninstall of CC Classic. Copy the full file structure back into my Pictures folder, do a clean install of CC Classic and point to that catalog and its related file structure? Will that restore my past work?

15. paul says:

tried to update lightroon classic, didn’t work and couldn’t get it back, had to reload old version of lightroom

16. Warren Lloyd says:

Does anyone know if Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 handles raw files from the new Nikon D7500?

17. Joe Singh says:

hi there. 2 questions. 1. where are the full official release notes for Lightroom classic 7.0.1 including all bug fixes and enhancements ? 2. when i upgraded to Lightroom classic, the original Lightroom CC was removed. If i wish to return to the version of Lightroom CC – the subscription based version as opposed to Lightroom 6 – before the upgrade that created Lightroom classic and Lightroom CC (cloud based) how do i do so ?

• skyrunr says:

In the ACC control panel you can click on the down arrow, select other versions, and install 2 prior versions back to LR5 or LR6. Even after installing them clean you’ll have to update them. THEN you’ll have to stop updating before you install ALRCCC by mistake again. I highly recommend NOT having both because it causes problems. They also changed the structure of image previews in the catalogs which could leave GB’s of data on hard drives if you’re not careful.

There’s a memory leak in the latest version which crawls the program on really fast machines after 5-10 minutes. Start exporting your files to DNG or TIFF now. 😉

18. Ren Slone says:

Where are offline installers

19. Mike Seagrave says:

Given that Creative Cloud doesn’t download or install for PS/RAW/LR and you support guys can’t manage it either when they remote onto my PC, I get constant reminders to update for a product I have a paid subscription for perhaps you could put the offline installer for LR Classic CC 7 up on you support pages.

20. Dear Adobe,

I recently downloaded the latest Classic CC version of Lightroom which removed my old perpetual license version of Lightroom-6. I have followed your instructions and uninstalled all Lightroom products from my machine, downloaded version 6 and re-installed. However, when I attempt to run the program it comes up with the following error message: “lightroom.exe – Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point AgTransitCargo_pushTransitCargo could not be found in teh dynamic link library C:/Program Files/Adobe/AdobeLightroom”

Please can you give me some guidance as to how I can re-install a working version of my previously licensed version of Lightroom-6 ??

Many thanks
    Steve J. McWilliam

21. Bill Moree says:

Under one Adobe ID (#1) I own a perpetual license to Lightroom 6.
    Under another Adobe ID (#2) I have my full CC subscription.

With all of the programs I am fine with the new CC applications, except for Lightroom. I use them, and I pay as I go. I got the use of the programs as I paid for them. Like renting a house or leasing a car: I used it, I paid for it, it’s all good.

Lightroom is different. With Lightroom we are building archives of all of our photography, our life’s work. If I stop my subscription at some point in the future – if I take a year off, or retire, or whatever – I don’t want to be cut off from my photography, from my thousands of hours of archival corrections and ratings.
    Lightroom has a different purpose. It’s a different animal. So I want to use all of the CC apps except for Lightroom. For Lightroom, I want to continue using Lightroom 6.

So I am legally paying for and have the right to both my CC subscription apps, and to my perpetual licensed Lightroom 6 app.

The problem is that since the Oct 2017 introduction of Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC (the new online version), every time that I sign out of my Adobe ID #1* (Perpetual) and into my Adobe ID #2 (Subscription), Adobe Creative Cloud replaces my Lightroom 6 with the new Lightroom Classic CC.
    Not during the Update process in the menu (which has a checkbox for “Leave previous versions in place”).
    It replaces and deletes Lightroom 6 simple just by signing in. Every single time.

(* It is required to sign in to my Adobe ID #1 in order to reinstall Lightroom 6 perpetual.)

22. Fjodor Eriksson says:

I have Lr6 perpetual now and intend to install Lr 7 Classic CC. But in a few years I will be retired and may not afford Lr 7 Classic CC (which is more expensive here than in the US). Then it may be necessary to return back to Lr6. Which measures should I take to have this possibility?
    I understand that when installing Lr 7 Classic I should click on ”Advanced Options” and make sure that ”Remove Old Versions” is unchecked. But which other measures should I take now and in the future? How do I do in the future if I find it necessary to revert?

• KC Honie says:

Reverting will be a challenge, your LR 6 perpetual catalog will in all likelihood not be compatible with the LR 7 Classic CC catalog. This is why I purchased a LR 6 perpetual license (to support my legacy photos) and have ditched Adobe going forward for a non subscription vendor.

23. Amanda says:

My Lightroom upgraded and I have no clue exactly why. I was happy before. Now it crashes every single time I try to import pictures. This is causing me so many issues.

24. Greg says:

Anyone know if the issues are fixed with this release as stated by Amanda? Thank you

25. Dan Ward says:

It’s much slower now than it ever was before. Despite the whole point of it being to be quicker. Seems more of a step backwards!