LiveCycle deployment is supported on both unicast and multicast based appserver clusters. LiveCycle documentation provides steps for default application server cluster configuration, usually multicast based cluster. In this blog, we will go through steps for creating unicast based WebLogic cluster. Steps for creating members of the cluster and assigning servers to the cluster are same as mentioned in the LiveCycle WebLogic Cluster documentation. Please refer the same for installation and other configurations.
The following are steps for creating unicast based WebLogic cluster:
- In the WebLogic Server Administration Console, under Domain Structure, click Environment > Clusters.
- Under Change Center, click Lock & Edit.
- In the Clusters table, click New and configure these options:
- In the Name box, enter your cluster name (for example, livecycle_cluster).
- In the Messaging Mode box, select Unicast.
- In the Unicast Broadcast Channel box, enter the Unicast Broadcast Channel. This channel is used to transmit messages within the cluster. If you do not specify a channel, the default channel is used. To create custom network channel refer WebLogic documentation(click here)
- Click OK and then click Activate Changes.