Large media companies and pay-TV providers want to rely on best-of-breed integrations instead of monolithic, end-to-end “solutions” with high potential for vendor lock-in. For these companies, the Adobe Primetime and thePlatform mpx VMS joint solution has just the right approach. We’ve pre-integrated these solutions into a best-of-breed joint solution for encoding, protection, entitlement check, license serving and playback of premium video content across IP-connected screens.
The customer benefits of working together:
- Fast time to market — The joint solution gets digital files quickly through packaging and encryption workflows and in front of viewers.
- Better viewer experience — It provides a consistent user experience across platforms, which includes a single entitlement system that lets viewers switch screens in the middle of a program and pick up right where they left off.
- Reduced total cost of ownership — It keeps costs down through pre-integration and the combined cost saving benefits of mpx and Adobe Primetime DRM.
How the joint solution achieves these benefits:
- During encoding and protection, mpx takes unsecure media files and puts Adobe’s encryption around it. Mpx has worked with Adobe on DRM for many years. Now, further integration with Adobe Primetime cloud DRM offers joint customers a quick-to-deploy, software as a service (SAAS) solution with low workflow overhead for protecting content for multiscreen delivery.
- At entitlement check and license serving, the joint solution offers a simpler workflow by leveraging Adobe Primetime cloud DRM to add policy definitions at this stage instead of during encoding and protection. This means less tinkering, less to be concerned with under the hood, and more transparency in the workflow.
- For playback, mpx can automatically publish video for playback to the Primetime TVSDK. Shared customers can create custom video players for PCs, tablets, smartphones and OTT devices leveraging the integration of the Adobe Primetime TVSDK within thePlatform’s Player Dev Kit. Because Adobe Primetime has the largest reach across devices of any DRM solution, customers of the joint solution will be able to deliver and monetize TV content on the most mobile devices, browsers and platforms with protected content.
Integrating with Adobe is easy
A best-of-breed approach can really only work if integrations are timely and successful. Adobe facilitates this flawlessly. With the Adobe Primetime cloud DRM integration, Adobe and thePlatform delivered a rapid and successful integration to shared customers. The cloud DRM integration took just six weeks from start to finish. We had a great experience working both at the program management level and at the developer level with Adobe. Adobe answered questions quickly, got obstacles moved out of the way, and was very responsive.
Our partnership with Adobe is very important. We’re looking forward to working together to serve more joint customers in the near future.