Lightroom CC 2015 /6.1 received an update this morning as part of the Creative Cloud 2015 release.
Camera Raw 9.1 is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.
As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
New Features for Lightroom CC
- Many outdoor scenes have some amount of haze due to atmospheric conditions. Dehaze is a new feature for removing/adding haze and fog from pictures. The user can control how much haze to remove by adjusting a new slider in the Effects panel in the Dehaze section. This feature can also be used in the other direction to increase the amount of haze.
- TIP. Adjust the white balance of the image before applying the Dehaze control.
- Ability to change the White and Black Adjustment Sliders on local adjustments
- The tools: Gradient Filter, Radial Filter and Local adjustment brush all now have the ability to control the White and Black point as local adjusments. This control is useful for fine-tuning tonality near the brightest and darkest parts of the picture. For instance, they can be used to increase the contrast of highlights.
- TIP – Make your global adjustments first and then use the local adjustments to fine tune. Use the clip warning indicator to help avoid clipping highlights and shadows.
In the following image I would like to focus the viewer on the petrol pump and the sign post. This is easy to do when i have the radial filter and now the white and black controls as local adjustments.
I can pull a radial filter in to cover the areas were I would like to apply the adjustments (The mask is clearly visable once it’s turned on using the ‘Show Selected Mask Overlay’ at the bottom of the main view panel, or if the cursor is hovered over the adjusment area). Notice the mask is inside the Radial filter, this is acheived by turning on the ‘Invert Mask’ check box.
Once the Radial filter has been applied, the White and Black point can now be changed to increase contrast in the masked area(s).
Lightroom on iOS:
- Video support: You can now import, and sync your iPhone and iPad created videos from Lightroom on iOS to the web and desktop.
- More adjustment tools
- Adjust the Color channel and B&W mix
- Tone Curve
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 9.1
- Fujifilm X-T10
- Nikon 1 J5
- Nikon D810A
- Panasonic DMC-G7
- Pentax K-S2
- Pentax K3 II (*)
*Preliminary support. The multi-shot Pixel Shift Resolution and HDR features are still under investigation.
New Lens Profiles in Camera Raw 9.1
|Canon||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM|
|Canon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300S (RAW + JPEG)|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300X (RAW + JPEG)|
|Leica||Voigtlander VM 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar III Aspherical|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR PD-Zoom 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF|
|Nikon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6ED DC AW|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II|
- Reduced “color blur” artifacts when processing Fujifilm X-Trans raw images. In collaboration with Fujifilm, we are still investigating methods to improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition.
Sometimes in high contrast areas colour bleeding could occur. The image below has areas of high contrast, especially in where blur meets red.
- The “Remove Chromatic Aberration” checkbox is now enabled by default for all Fujifilm cameras.
- Fixed crash when reading some JPEG images.
- Fixed bug where Camera Raw Filter would incorrectly show a soft-proofed image.
- Improved quality of display color management on some wide-gamut displays when GPU acceleration is enabled.
- HDR and Pano Merge: Cleared in-camera crop before merging rather than destructively applying it prior to merging.
- Pano Merge: Fixed a Pano blending issue specific to Leica M9.
- Fixed a bug with Panasonic LX100 – extended ISO 100 was too bright and Magenta Highlights have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with Nikon Coolpix P7800 NRW raw files that showed only Matrix as camera profile.
- Fixed crash when reading some JPEG images
- When enabling “Before/After” preview in the Develop module, the screen flickered before showing the Before preview. This only occurred when GPU was enabled
- Lightroom starts slowly, any attempt to do something results in the blue spinning-wheel and “Not Responding” when connect to LAN without LAN/internet connection
- If a catalog is too large, the zipped backup can’t be unzipped
- Export creates erroneous Invalid Constraint Size Error
Camera Raw 9 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Creative Cloud app.
Don’t forget that the DNG Converter (9.1) is also avilable for: Mac | PC. The DNG convertor is useful when you would like to use a RAW format for archive purposes, or if you would like to open RAW files from cameras which maynot be supported in older versions of the software.
Please note – If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:
Share on Facebook