RoboHelp Server 9 rolls out a host of much-requested new features. The first change that you’ll notice is the fresh, aesthetically-appealing user interface.
There’s plenty more.
- Functionality to filter reports by area
- New, intuitive names for the reports
- Improvements to the graphical representation of reports
- Functionality to export report data to the CSV format
- Flexibility to customize reports by showing/hiding columns. Column layouts can be saved across sessions.
- Fine-tuned numerical data in reports
Configuration Manager enhancements
You can now perform the following additional tasks using the RoboHelp Server Configuration Manager:
- Migrate context data from RoboHelp Server 8 to RoboHelp Server 9
- Deploy a context in the root context
- Delete contexts
- Set up an admin account for RoboHelp Server using LDAP authentication or database authentication
- Configure LDAP settings
- Configure search indexing settings
Project stop list for server-side indexing: Unlike RoboHelp 8, the stop list specified in a RoboHelp HTML project is now used for server-side indexing.
Project synonym list for server-side indexing: Unlike RoboHelp 8, the synonym list specified in a RoboHelp HTML project is now used for server-side indexing.
Synonym highlighting: Synonyms for a keyword being searched for are highlighted in the search result list. This enhancement is available only for WebHelp Pro output published using RoboHelp HTML 9.
Dynamic context in search results for server-side indexing: RoboHelp Server now displays dynamic context along with search results. Apache Lucene, the text search engine library powering search in RoboHelp Server, displays the relevant words around a keyword as context in the search result list. This feature is available only for WebHelp Pro and FlashHelp Pro projects published to RoboHelp Server with server-side indexing enabled.
- For keywords within topics, words in the immediate vicinity of the keyword in the topic are displayed as context.
- The static context of the topic is displayed for user-specified keywords. The first few words of the topic comprise static context.
- In the case of external resources for keywords, the URL description of the external resource is displayed as the dynamic context.
Other technical enhancements
- RoboHelp Server logs are now created in a consolidated log file (robohelpserver.log) under the <Tomcat Home>/logs folder. All RoboHelp Server-related exceptions and warnings are logged in this file. This new log file is generated using the Apache log4j logging framework.
- You can now host RoboHelp Server over HTTP Secure (HTTPS) to ensure secure communications between the server and clients.
- Authors can publish their RoboHelp HTML projects using HTTPS
- End users can view projects on the server over HTTPS
- The RoboHelp Server Web Administrator and reports can be viewed over HTTPS as well
Looking for more information? Check out these useful community resources: