If you’ve played around with the camera shake reduction feature in Photoshop CC, you might have noticed it works best with decently lit still camera images having low noise. The following types of still images are particularly suitable for shake reduction:
- Indoor or outdoor images captured using a lens with a long focal length
- Indoor images of a static scene taken with a slow shutter speed and no flash
In addition, shake reduction can help sharpen blurred text in images affected by camera motion.
Here’s the documentation for the feature.
Adobe has just made available Photoshop CC, a magical new update to Photoshop. This blog post lists out some resources that will help you get started with this new release.
Install Photoshop CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top bar.
- Click the Download icon next to the Photoshop icon.
- On the Photoshop product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Photoshop CC is packed with exciting features and enhancements that will enrich your digital imaging experience. Here is a select list:
- Reduce camera shake blurring
Before/After | Reduce camera shake blurring
- Share your creative work on Behance
Uploading your creative work to Behance
- Automatically straighten image content using the Upright modes in Adobe Camera Raw
Before/After | Straightening image content
- Define elliptical marquees and apply localized corrections to them using the Radial Filter tool in Adobe Camera Raw
Before/After | Radial Filter tool
- Work simultaneously with multiple paths
- Paint 3D models with finer control and greater accuracy
Live 3D painting in Photoshop CC
- Work better with 3D objects using the revamped 3D panel
- Type text in 10 Indic languages
- Adjust dimensions, placement, and the corner radii of a rectangle or rounded rectangle shape
For more information, see:
PS: I had the privilege of documenting the new features and enhancements in Photoshop CC over the past few months. Watch this space for helpful resources and useful hints.