When the storeContent operation for Content Services 9 is invoked with more than 30 threads, the WebSphere application server may stop responding.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- In WebSphere Administrative Console, click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers and then click a server name.
- In the right pane, click Thread pools under Additional Properties.
- Click WebContainer and, on the Configuration page, increase the value of the Maximum Size field by double the number of threads that you need to run. For example, increase the value of the Maximum Size field by 80 if you want to run 40 threads.
- Click Apply or OK.
- Click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Restart the WebSphere application server.
Indexing of content in LiveCycle Content Services 9 depends on different LiveCycle ES2 components and services. Here are a few important prerequisites:
- Indexing of PDF files (except for dynamic PDF forms) requires the Assembler service, which is part of all LiveCycle ES2 installations.
- Indexing of dynamic PDF files requires LiveCycle Output 9. If Output is not installed, the FormDataIntegration service, available on all LiveCycle ES2 installations, is used instead. However, in such cases, for dynamic PDFs created in Acrobat, only the form data is indexed. The form design is left unindexed.
- Indexing of Microsoft Word 2007/2010 files (.docx) requires PDF Generator 9 (the GeneratePDF service).
Additionally, files protected by LiveCycle Rights Management 9 are not indexed.
You can disable content indexing to improve Content Services ES2 performance. However, keep in mind that disabling indexing will also disable text-based search within new content. To disable indexing:
- In the adobe-contentservices.ear file, navigate to
LiveCycle Content Services.ear/contentservices.war/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model and open the contentModel.xml file for editing.
- Locate the following line:
- Set the index enabled and tokenized properties to false.
- Change <index enabled=”true”> to <index enabled=”false”>.
- Change <tokenized>true </tokenised> to <tokenized>false </tokenised>.
For additional performance improvements, you can disable the conversions required for indexing. To disable conversions:
- In adobe-contentservices.ear, browse to
- Preserve a backup of the custom-metadata-extractors-context file.
- Delete this file from the EAR.