RoboHelp 9.0.2 is now available!!Thursday, December 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM, By Ankur Jain
Dear RoboHelp Users,
I’m pleased to announce the availability of Adobe RoboHelp 9.0.2 Service Update. As part of this service update, we have fixed several issues that were reported to us by our users and valued partners. In addition, there are some enhancements in this service update as well. Here is a summary of the fixes/enhancements in this service update:
- We have moved to a different file archiver to resolve some of the validation errors in the ePub output. This will be especially useful for those who are looking to publish eBooks to Apple bookstore etc.
- MOV and MP4 files were not supported in the ePub output. RoboHelp 9.0.2 service update allows you to have MOV and MP4 files in your ePub output that you will especially find useful on iOS.
- The Cover Page behavior in the ePub output has been enhanced. The Cover Page image will now appear while viewing the ePub output in Adobe Digital Editions.
After installing the update, please copy the updated ‘ePub Generator.jsx’ script from [InstallDir]/RoboHTML/presets/scripts/ to the following location:
On Windows XP: [USER]/Application Data/Adobe/RoboHTML/9.00/Scripts/Sample Scripts/
On Windows 7: [USER]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/RoboHTML/9.00/Scripts/Sample Scripts/
Merged CHM Output:
- In some cases, generating merged CHM output of upgraded legacy projects used to fail. This has been fixed now.
- The HHP file was always overridden while generating CHM output. This has been fixed now
If CHM merging doesn’t seem to work after applying RoboHelp 9.0.2 service update, please follow these (one-time) steps:
- Remove all merged TOC links from the parent project and create fresh links. Save the project and regenerate.
- Ensure that all merged child projects are listed under the MERGE FILES section of the .hhp file present in the parent project before regeneration.
Import/Link Microsoft Word and/or Adobe FrameMaker Content:
- Some options present in the Other Settings section of the Conversion Settings dialogue were not being saved in a few cases when importing a Word document into RoboHelp. These settings will now be honored.
- PNG images embedded in Word documents used to lose quality when imported into RoboHelp. The PNG support has been enhanced now. Please enable Allow PNG as a graphics format setting in Microsoft Word to take advantage of this enhancement in RoboHelp.
- When importing documents from Word, table and cell width values were being lost in case you have mapped the Table style. This has been fixed now.
- Style names were not getting preserved when importing Word documents into RoboHelp. This has been fixed.
- Incorrect paragraph style was getting generated in the html code when mapping the Normal style from Word to the Normal style in RoboHelp. This has been fixed.
- The CSS defined for style mapping was not being applied on paginated topics for linked Word documents. This has been fixed now.
- Importing Word documents with sections used to bring in extraneous DIV code in topics. This has been fixed now.
- In the Conversion Settings dialog box, the Pagination label did not reflect that the option is to be used to split the document into topics based on a selected style. The new label makes it clear.
- FLV format in imported or linked FrameMaker documents was not getting preserved. This has been fixed now.
- If the Use Underscores in File Names option is selected and topics in linked FrameMaker documents have cross-references, the topic titles were getting prefixed with an underscore. This behavior has been fixed now.
Adobe Captivate 5.5 Users:
- Captivate 5.5 was launched after RoboHelp 9. This update allows you to use Edit with Captivate option with Captivate 5.5. If you have Technical Communication Suite 3.5, then you have this fix already.
Printed Documentation Output:
- The PDF settings were not enabled in the Printed Documentation SSL in certain scenarios related to Word 2010 and/or PDF Add On. This has been fixed/enhanced.
RoboHelp for Word Users:
- Some of you reported that RoboHelp for Word fails to import Microsoft Word documents if Microsoft Word 2010 is used with it. This service update should fix that problem.
RoboSource Control Users:
- For a fix to the problem of being unable to check in files with RoboSource Control, on a 64-bit system, see the article Can’t check in files.
RoboHelp 9.0.2 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through Help>Update menu in RoboHelp 9. It will be available for download from RoboHelp Support Center later today. I encourage all the RoboHelp 9 users to install this update.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who contributed by reporting these issues. Special thanks to Peter Grainge, Kevin Siegel, John Daigle, Rick Stone, and Matt Sullivan for their valuable contributions.
Hope you find these fixes and enhancements useful.
Product Manager – Technical Communication Suite | RoboHelp | RoboHelp Server
Follow me on Twitter: @ankurjain8