Approximately every month, our AdobeTCS team pulls together an attractive e-mail calendar that lists all of the assets we have created in the previous month, as well as upcoming events. This blog (which we will update on a monthly basis), gives you links and highlights to all of our previous calendars.
You can CLICK ON THE DATED HEADLINES below with Month/Year and a hyperlink will take you to that month’s newsletter.
Get on our monthly e-mail list
If you would like to be added to our monthly e-mail list to receive notification of upcoming resource calendars and special events, please send an email with “mail list” in the subject line, addressed to: email@example.com
- See MAJOR product launch webinars, including:
- FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author 12 and FrameMaker Publishing Server 12
- RoboHelp 11
- Technical Communication Suite 5
- Find links to over 49 new product videos!
- See the first blogs written about our newly released products, authored by product managers Kapil Verma and Vikram Verma.
- See highlights of AdobeTCS’s partnerships with several colleges and universities to ensure that the next generation in the workforc is prepared to create “future” ready content
- See the links to major, multi-part webinars, including:
- 3-part series by Kevin Siegel of ICONLOGIC
- 3-part series by Neil Perlin of Hyper/Word Services
- 3-part series on TCS4 project start-to-finish by Bernard Aschwanden on Publishing Smarter
- Crossing Boundaries Thought Leader Series with Ray Gallon and Neus Lorenzo
- See several guest blogs, and the final portion of blogs with links to our Lavacon 2013 interview videos
- Webinar theme highlights included:
- FrameMaker for Word
- Advanced RoboHelp
- Policies & Procedures Thought Leadership
- Video highlights included:
- Managing TOCs in RoboHelp
- See Also Keywords for RoboHelp
- Advanced Tips n’ Tricks for FrameMaker
September was a busy month here at Adobe Tech Comm. We participated in the CIDM conference in Savannah, Georgia, as well as providing presentations and demonstrations at ISTC’s TCUK conference in Bristol, UK
- Webinar highlights included:
- Advanced best practices with products ranging from FrameMaker to RoboHelp
- More on Policies and Procedures
- Exploration of FrameMaker and Tech Comm Suite with Barb Binder
- Blogs covered:
- Ten reasons to structure your content
- Highlights of FrameMaker for Word advantages
- Key concepts from “Adobe Day” at Lavacon in Portland, Oregon
While many of you were on the move on a vacation, here at Adobe Tech Comm we kept on the move with a regular supply of informative webinars, blogs and videos. You can consider our August content a convenient, condensed “summer school” on relevant Tech Comm topics to prepare you for the rest of the year
- Webinar highlights included:
- More methods of leveraging the strong integration between products in Tech Comm Suite
- It’s All About Structure! Why Structured Content is Increasingly Becoming a Necessity, Not an Option, presented by Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler
- Exploring RoboHelp: Frames and Framesets
- A variety of blogs were published, including:
- Adobe STC Summit interviews
- Gamification: The Stakes for Content Design [Guest Blog]
- Second Looks: White Paper on Flexible Interaction Language with UDVs (RoboHelp)
- As always, a variety of helpful product feature videos were also published
If June was “busting out all over”, then July went off with a “bang”,- chock-full of webinars, a “summer school” session on FrameMaker/RoboHelp and several cogent guest blogs. As is typical with mid-summer, there were no major conferences or events. But things were kept buzzing while we created a lot of content for you, in the form of recorded webinars, AdobeTV video recordings, and some very thought-provoking blogs. We hope that our newsletter will give you a fun and enriching “beach book” summer reading list.
Adobe was a major sponsor of UAEurope in Manchester, where we held a pre-conference “Adobe Day.” You can read who our guest speakers were and key highlights of the events in our blog “The more things change, the more you need ADOBE DAY in the UK!”
One of AdobeTCS’s key partners in Europe, Jang Graat, made key presentations on FrameMaker at several events. Graat was a key presenter at the series of TCWorld’s “road show”, which he summarized in a blog, “TCWorld Roadshow wrapup.” Graat also made a key presentation on FrameMaker at the Congility conference: you may read about it in Graat’s guest blog, “London Calling: Congility Conference 2013.”
In June, we also began publishing the exclusive VIDEO INTERVIEWS from our Adobe booth at STC Summit in Atlanta. We have over 40 engaging interviews with industry experts and thought leaders in the Tech Comm and Content Strategy space, and are publishing approximately 5 per week. Stay tuned for more episodes of the “In Conversation with Adobe – Thought Leadership Interview Series @ STC SUMMIT 2013” series!
The key event of May was the Annual STC Summit in Atlanta. Adobe was not only a Platinum Sponsor of the event, but hosted an “Adobe Day” (see item under blogs) and had 3 featured speaker presentations including Kapil Verma, Vikram Verma and Maxwell Hoffmann. Our blog, “Key highlights of #AdobeDay at #STC13 Summit in Atlanta” has links to all of the presentations. A highlight was Adobe Day’s keynote presentation by FrameMaker’s inventor, Charles Corfield, who is the only person we know who also has his own Wikipedia page and has climbed Mount Everest.
The Adobe booth at STC Summit had a raffle for a highly coveted “Mad Men” 1964 portable typewriter. Charles Corfield was present most of the first day, and had dozens of one-on-one conversations with existing and potential FrameMaker users. The booth featured several RoboHelp and FrameMaker demos by special guests, and two book signings.
- Recorded webinars included guests like Ellis Pratt of Cherryleaf (UK), Tony Self of Hyperwrite in Australia, and fellow Ozzie Tammy Halter of ADG in Brisbane.
- RoboHelp how-to videos cover Snippets, DHTML and insertion of Captivate step-by-step training vidos.
- Key blogs included Rockley Group Publishes DITA book to print, epubs and mobile via Adobe Tech Comm Suite
In April, Adobe Tech Staff attended and made presentations at CMS/DITA Conference in Providence, Rhode Island, and also at Lavacon Content Strategy Workshop in New Orleans. The biggest event came in early May with the Society for Technical Communication Summit in Atlanta, where Adobe Tech Comm was the Platinum Sponsor and also delivered the Keynote Address, 3 presentations, and hosted a special “Adobe Day.”
Adobe Day, the Summit’s kick-off event, drew a “full house”. Charles Corfield, the inventor of FrameMaker, delivered the keynote presentation which covered the changing form of content consumption:
- Charles covered the fortuitous early choices made during the development of FrameMaker, that have ensured the product’s long success. Explaining the use of voice recognition for navigation, he predicted its increasing importance in key, niche spaces. — Rahel Baillie asked “Is your content ready for the content economy”, outlining very clearly just what the content economy is. — John Daigle created a road map for “How to navigate through the mobile documentation highway”. — Mark Lewis drew points from his book, “DITA Metrics” to cover metrics to determine ROI for DITA.
Our Adobe booth drew large crowds who came to see demos, meet “Mr. FrameMaker,” Charles Corfield, in person, and also to view our CODiE award up close. (Find photos on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/adobetcs)
This month, recorded webinar guests included:
- Rick Stone
- Matt Sullivan
- Tom Aldous
- Chris Despopoulos
- Scott Prentice
- Jang Graat
- Tammy Halter
FrameMaker 11 won the 2013 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Solution for Integrating Content into the Workflow! This award is a notable achievement and also a final validation for the long list of positive comments and independent reviews from some of the best known thought leaders in the techcomm and content space. We thank all our customers, partners and teams that have helped shape FrameMaker over the years!
Also, our #WriteRight campaign went further with the addition of the “How to harass your manager” video. We made it especially for those who want to tell their managers that the right tool for their job may not be Word.
Recorded webinar highlights included:
- Introduction to CSS in RoboHelp by Neil Perlin
- Tammy Halter of ADG from Australia explains the top 10 reasons listed by a defence manufacturer for moving from Word to FrameMaker
Recorded webinars of the month:
- Cognitive design for user assistance by Ray Gallon: parts one, two and three
- DITA specialization by Tom Aldous: parts one and two
- Thinking outside the standards box: when custom structure works best by Dustin Vaughn:
parts one and two
- PDF collaborative reviews using FrameMaker 11 for In-Country Review (ICR)
Blogs of the month included:
- The ‘top 10 of 2012’ series for webinars, whitepapers and blogs
- Publish your DITA content in FrameMaker 11 with the DITA OTK by product manager Kapil Verma
- Part 1 and part 2 of the “Why upgrade from FrameMAker 7.X to 11” series
- Vikram Verma joined as the product manager for RoboHelp and the TechComm Suite. His introductory blog and his first post on the multiscreen HTML5 publishing.