tl;dr Update 5 of Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) includes bug fixes in areas such as PDF publishing, reported security vulnerabilities, and the Adobe Experience Manager connector.
On February 3, 2020, we had released Update 5 for Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release). Time to look a little bit more into the details of this update.
In Update 5, we purely focused on security, stability, and bug fixes. So, like the February Update for Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) (Update 11), Update 5 for FrameMaker (2019 release) is all about the inner beauty! No fancy new features – just stability improvements and bug hunting. Many thanks to everyone who reported issues, helping us further improve the FrameMaker 2019 release.
As always, you can also find the detailed release notes for all FrameMaker updates here.
However, before we go into the details of this update, here is a list of our blogs posts for the FrameMaker 2019 release and the updates we have rolled out since the first release in August 2018:
What’s new and better
The primary focus for Update 5 was towards fixing bugs and issues which have been reported by users. We have also added a new feature for users using Adobe Experience Manager with FrameMaker.
And here you go with the fixes addressed as part of Update 5 for Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release):
- When saving an EDD as a DTD for DITA 1.3 topic/concept/task FrameMaker could run into an error. We fixed that.
- We have addressed several security issues and vulnerabilities around the U3D executable. You can find all the details in this Adobe Security Bulletin.
- When generating a PDF, on specific font types, the font-weight sometimes changed. Fixed.
- For the Adobe Experience Manager connector, we have added the ability to restrict the download of dependencies (like images, content references, and cross-references) to one level. This improvement makes checking out files for Adobe Experience Manager faster and reduces the amount of data transferred.
- With the Adobe Experience Manager connector, PDF publishing sometimes missed DITA files that are referenced but not part of the current DITAMAP. With Update 5, this works smoothly now.
- Last but not least, we optimized the Adobe Experience Manager connector a lot when it comes to performance. You will notice that working with the connector is just a little bit snappier. Enjoy!
In a nutshell:
How to get Update 5 of FrameMaker 2019 release
The best way to update Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) is to choose Help → Updates from the FrameMaker main menu to download and install the latest update. You can also download the installer directly from the FrameMaker Service Releases page.
Found a bug? Want to suggest an improvement? Let us know!
There’s a channel for that: We call it “Adobe Tracker.” Adobe Tracker is your place to go when you find a bug and want to report it to us so that we can fix it in the next update/release. You can also file in your feature requests, ideas, requests for improvements. It’s very easy to do, and the reports go directly into our system, and our product managers, engineers, and support people have direct access to it.
You can report a bug, file in an improvement request, or request a new feature here.