July 11, 2012
Read on for our Storify of day two at #CreativeWeekUK
July 11, 2012
Read on for our Storify of day two at #CreativeWeekUK
July 09, 2012
Creative Week UK is finally here! The event, which is a celebration of the creativity in the UK, will be packed full of lively debates, creative challenges, exclusive demonstrations and inspirational case studies – all broadcast live online and presented by David McClelland.
Here’s the lowdown of all our speakers and contributors throughout the week:
Monday 9th July – Creative Industry Overview
- Brendan Dawes a UK-based, MoMA exhibited is an artist and designer (live debate)
- Joel Gethin Lewis, co- Director of experiential design agency Hellicar & Lewis (live debate)
- Dr Chris Gerry from The Skills Lab (live debate)
- Rufus Deuchler, Sr. Worldwide Design Evangelist at Adobe Systems (Creative Cloud Evangelist demo and how-to sessions on Adobe Touch Apps)
- Iconic British designer Wayne Hemingway (show and tell)
- Chris Thompson, Head of Business Development at Ravensbourne College (show and tell)
- Marc Lewis, pioneer of London’s new school dedicated to the art of advertising School of Communication Arts (show and tell)
Tuesday 10th July – Design & Publishing
- Jeremy Leslie, Creative Director at magCulture and publishing industry commentator (live debate)
- Publishing analyst and cultural commentator Danuta Kean (live debate)
- Future Publishing’s digital Editor-in-Chief Mike Goldsmith (live debate)
- Artist & Illustrator Pete Fowler (show and tell)
- Adobe Certified Expert Tony Harmer (how-to session on creating stunning pattern designs)
- Rupert Knowles, Adobe UK’s Design Product Manager (product demos, live debate and how-to session on InDesign CS6’s Content Collector Tool and Digital Publishing tools)
- And Rufus Deuchler, Sr. Worldwide Design Evangelist at Adobe Systems will again be joining us (Creative Suite Design and Adobe Muse Evangelist demo)
Wednesday 11th July – Film & Video
- Dan Jones, Head of Multiplatform, Maverick Television (live debate)
- Multi–platform and interactive specialist, Marc Goodchild (live debate)
- Director at Made Visual Studios, Justin Weyers (live debate and show and tell session)
- Oli da Costa, founder of Fraktiv (show and tell)
- Adobe evangelist, Jason Levine (CS6 Video Tour)
- Dado Valentic, Director and chief Colourist at Mytherapy (how-to session on All-new SpeedGrade CS6)
- London-based artist, Birgitta Hosea (how-to session on ray-traced 3D in After Effects)
- Niels Stevens, Adobe UK’s Video Product Manager (how-to session on Adobe Audition CS6 for audio sweetening)
- Matthew Gyves, Adobe’s Business Development Manager (how-to session on new features in Adobe Premiere CS6)
Thursday 12th July – Web & Mobile
- Chris Jenkins, Head of User Experience, Tribal DDB London (live debate)
- Alex Morris, Interaction Designer, Mark Boulton Design (live debate)
- Rob Borley, Emerging Technologies Consultant, Headscape (live debate)
- Joe Benton, Student Web Designer (show and tell)
- MD of The Virtual Forge, Matt Wicks (how-to session on how to create for multiple devices and show and tell session)
- Adobe’s Web Evangelist, Paul Trani (live debate, CS6 Web Tour and how-to session on the new features in Flash Professional CS6)
- Adobe UK’s Web Product Manager John Cole (how-to session on Adobe Proto and Dreamweaver CS6)
- Adobe’s Nordic Web Product Manager Johan Lopes (how-to session on Dreamweaver CS6 for responsive design)
- Steve Burnard, Adobe UK Product Manager (how-to session on Fireworks CS6 for mock-ups and interactive content)
Friday 13th July – Photography & Imaging
- Photographer Timothy Allen (live debate)
- Photographer Erin Moroney (live debate)
- Photographer and Photoshop World instructor Glyn Dewis (live debate and show and tell session on Compositing and Retouching Techniques using Photoshop CS6)
- Julieanne Kost, Adobe Evangelist (demo on new Features of Photoshop CS6)
- Fine art and commercial photographer Allan Jenkins (show and tell session on producing Victorian-era Cyanotype prints)
- Fine art photographer John G Moore (show and tell session on his photographic style)
- Adobe UK’s Digital Imaging Product Manager Richard Curtis (live debate and how-to session on Photoshop Lightroom 4’s book module)
- Commercial photographer Debbie Jones (how-to session on creating client previews in Lightroom 4)
- Digital artist Steve Caplin (how-to session on 3D with Photoshop CS6 Extended)
For more details on the event and to sign up for updates, visit the Creative Week website at www.adobecreate.co.uk/creativeweek.
July 03, 2012
The State of Create Report: Is creativity the key to economic growth in the UK? Today we’ve released a new research report ahead of the UK’s first ever Creative Week, which reveals the high value people in the UK place on creativity. It reveals that more than three quarters (78%) agree creativity is key to driving economic growth but just a third (35%) feel they are living up to their creative potential. Click on the below infographic to see all the key findings in detail:
Check out the full report here, which also includes different perspectives from leading creatives including Wayne Hemingway MBE, Brendan Dawes, Dan Jones and Joel Gethin-Lewis, as well as Chris Thompson from Ravensbourne.
June 20, 2012
After our first buzzing Twitter Chat last week (resulting in us trending in the UK!), we can’t wait to discuss the glittering world of film and video this Thursday. Join us at the same time (6.30pm – 7.30pm) on Twitter and use #CreativeWeekUK to take part.
Recently, there’s been growing pressure for production companies to deliver more for less and we can’t wait to hear your view on whether this is leading to lower standards, or driving the industry forward with renewed creativity. Some of the topics up for discussion include;
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this and the other questions we’ll be posing, so follow @AdobeUK to watch the conversation from the start.
Remember, everyone who uses #CreativeWeekUK in their tweets during the Twitter Chat will automatically be in with a chance of winning tickets to the Film & Video day of Creative Week on Wednesday 11th July, which will be jam-packed with exclusive demos, lively debates, creative challenges and inspirational case studies!
If you aren’t one of the lucky ticket holders, we’ll be broadcasting all the sessions live online, so why not register now?
May 23, 2012
The name Wayne Hemingway might ring just a few bells – the top English designer and co-founder of Red or Dead has long been a real trailblazer for British creativity. We were lucky enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule to get his views on all things creative, why Britain is a creative force to be reckoned with, how digital is democratising design and what part Adobe plays in helping the fashion industry move forward.
Check out his interview here: