December 06, 2012
BBC Worldwide today launched its interactive digital edition of Top Gear Magazine, the UK’s best-selling car magazine, to help expand its reach to an increasingly tech-savvy audience. Using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Enterprise Edition, BBC Worldwide was able to leverage its existing print workflow based on Adobe InDesign to create an engaging, fully interactive digital edition for iPad.
As part of the new digital edition, readers will have even more intriguing views and advice from the legendary Clarkson, Hammond and May. BBC Worldwide also took advantage of a number of the key capabilities within Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to set the digital edition apart from the print edition and offer readers:
- HD videos – stunning videos of world-exclusive features
- HD galleries – ability to experience their favourite supercar from every angle, with extra images
- Interactive content wheel – navigate to the latest news, hottest car reviews and the Top Gear Garage
- Facebook and Twitter – ability to join live-populating feeds to interact with other readers
- Entertainment – fire up the engines of the cover stars by tapping them on-screen
- Hidden content – tap to reveal additional content within features
- Buyers’ guide – read all the essentials for every new car available
The first interactive digital edition is Top Gear’s Awards issue in which the exceptional new cars of 2012 are recognised and receive a Top Gear Magazine Car of the Year Award. It is available now for download from the iTunes Store.